Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gonzo's Lexodore

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Been working on my 2nd VS for a few months now and decided maybe i should post some pics.

i originally planned to respray it in VS Calais Panther Mica and Silver 2 tone but plans changed and i need it on the road ASAP so after priming half the car i had to stop and now painting it white again.

while i had the car in parts though i have had time to start my interior mods and a few other things.

Started priming the car here

16082009109.jpg

Interior before i started

09082009098.jpg

Fromt parts painted ready to be installed

20092009133.jpg

20092009139.jpg

20092009138.jpg

20092009140.jpg

Started getting dark, ill get some better pics tomorrow

20092009145.jpg

Pictures dont realy do it any justice, i expected the paint to look very cheap and crappy but i was very surprised at how well it came up, cant wait to see it with some new black seats and black carpet.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The black and the red look pritty good man , blend together nice

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Didnt actually come up to bad i like it. Though a word of advice. From my experience painting the center console lid thing the paint will rub and flake off. I dont know how your brand of paint will react but that was my experience. Good luck with the rest of it.

Longy188

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
it looks awesome man, wat sorta paint do you use to stick to the plastic ?? cant wait for the new pics

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
good clean start man keep addin piccys

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
good to see your back doing up another vs, you going to be making her look the same as that white one u had or something different?

Thanks, well i was thinking id go for a panther mica with chrome and SS lip kit, but i was just browsing through some old pics of my old VS and im tempted to go down the VX clubby kit road... i like the mean look it had.

Good thing is i learnt what did and didnt work with the last VS so im hoping that will kick start this project..

For now im thinking white, debadged, tints, extractors, exhaust, SUPER LOW and custom interior and when money get a bit better ill probably get a lip kit or VX kit, which ever is in the budget at the time.

HEres some better pics

IMG_1311_resize.JPG

IMG_1312_resize.JPG

IMG_1317_resize.JPG

IMG_1315_resize.JPG

And this is how she sit atm, final primer is on and ready for its final wet and dry, hoping to get the colour on this weekend and new windscreen soon after.

IMG_1325_resize.JPG

As for the paint, the black is a VHT final dye and the red is a plastic/vinyle paint from super cheap auto, the VHT comes from repco.

im expecting the centre console lid to crack/fade as my dad recently did his VN and it stuffed up in 2 weeks, if it fails ill most likely re cover it in some pleather.

damageinc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
Its a good idea to put a coat of clear on the centre console plastics, as the paint easily chips off if you drop things on it eg coins, keys etc.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
are you going to do your air con vents to and the plastics over your seat belts???

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
the air con vents on the doors have been done black but im not sure what to do about the centre, im still deciding what to do about the instrument surround, if i paint that ill probably do the centre air con the same colour.

Another thing im thinking about is removing the centre air con vents and replacing it with some gauges, and replace the air con, hazard and demister buttons with red missle switches.

seat belts i havnt even thought about because they are likely to chip and scratch realy easy, after the seats and carpet are done i might experiment with them a bit more.

as for the clear on the centre console, i know it needs it but the problem is if i do put a clear on it will end up being glossy and then wont match the door trims, so my idea was to maybe cover all red parts in a thin stretchable PU leather, will look alot better and wont scratch. i may leave that for later down the track when i start customizing my centre console and cluster surround.