Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good 18" tyres

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
although im not due for tyres for (hopefully) another 15,000 kays, im just wondering what a good brand of tyres to buy would be. i wanna get something that isnt gunna cost an arm, leg and testicle... but i still want something that has good grip in the wet and a reasonable life span.

dont suggest falkens, cos ill give you negative feed back. ive got falkens on it now and this morning as i was going to work i had a little slippy-slidey. i was going through a round-a-bout after a bit of misty rain and the back of my ute just stepped out. i totally wasnt expecting it cos i didnt give it any stick! next thing i know im sideways so far that i cant pull it back. what happened next isnt as bad as it seems... but my front right hit the gutter (there was a median strip). im lucky it was an angled gutter and not a square one and it didnt do any damage.

with the old wheels/tyres (brigdestone 15s) i couldnt get it sideways in the wet unless i planted the foot. now, it does it without trying. damn falkens, ill never buy them again!

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
i'll agree with you with the falkens, i accelerate and change and i it slides and there is 85% tread left, but my fronts are Dunlop formulas. and id reccomend them to anyone..... they are some serious piece of rubber....

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I've got Hankook K104's.. I'll recommend them to anyone, mind you after a 20 thousand k's they seemed to have lost their silica benefits, still grip extremely well and have a fantastic tread pattern. I struggled to spin them in the wet when I first got it.. And they rarely spin in the dry unless its a deliberate effort.

Handles like rails through corners aswell..Don't know the price of them on 18's.

StormLord

Yes it is a bucket.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS & VN Berlina V6
ive got gt radials on the front, they have a good pattern and seem to handle really well.

4WDriftr

Hey, if you want good reasonable tyres that will last long and affordable to anyones budget, go for the Nexen N3000 directional tyres. People have been very happy with this brand.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I've got Goodyear Eagle Formula F1s.

When compared to the worn-down Bridgstone RE95s (? maybe?) I used to have along with the 15"x6" stock wheels, these ones were (and still are) phenominal, especially in the wet! When I was on the old tyres, I didn't have to try to slide the car, in fact it was hard NOT to slide the car. When I got the wheels with the near new tyres, I took it out for a drive in the rain to see how far I could push it and I was completely blown away.

Raggyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Excecutive S2
I have got Toyo's and actually pretty impressed with them, especially in the Wet here in the UK. (Always rains in this bloody place). Good grip too.

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
I've just bought recently some 18 inch rims and 235/40/18 tyres.. They're called Nankang Ultra sport NSII's and are very good in the wet on my VH V8 and wear wise after 2000ks i can still see the writing on the centre strip of the tyre! :D handles really well too nice comfortable ride! and at around $196 per tyre a good price i can afford at a later date if and when these need replacing..

nankang ns2

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
I use semi-cheap sava intensa's. They were on the car when I got it and I have done about 50k since then and they have got another 50k left in them easy.

Not too bad in the wet, if I plant it they break out somewhat easy but a hard corner wont bother them.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sava's arent, bad, very road noisey though and i flat spotted one quite easily :s

I suggest nothing but

Dunlop SP Maxx(providing price isnt an option)