Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Great VY V6 Flash Tuner

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
Hey Guys, Quick question, I Have a 2003 VY V6 and i am wanting to get some kind of flash tune to make it work better with some of the engine mods that i have done to it, but im not really sure wheres a good place to go.. I havent really got anything too fancy on it yet. Im just wanting to get it amped up a little if ya know what i mean..

Im from central victoria so anywhere victoria wide would be a great help.. Also if they did dyno tunes too that would be cool, as i would love to get some kind of reading before and after their work..

Thanks a bunch guys!!!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Not sure who's doing VY tunes in VIC but there are some people developing methods to work with the VY ecotec ecu. The main issue being that the chip is soldered to the board with your model. I'd try posting in the general tuning discussion here delcohacking.net • View forum - General Tuning Discussion

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahh okay cool as mate, thanks for the reply ...

So basically ya cant really tune a VY easily im guessing :( .. awww .. thanks for the linky anyways dude!!!!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
ahh okay cool as mate, thanks for the reply ...

So basically ya cant really tune a VY easily im guessing :( .. awww .. thanks for the linky anyways dude!!!!

Yes it can be done. Just not many people doing it is all. The guys that I linked you to are a smart bunch of cokies and I think you will find a solution there

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
PM me if your interested in a mailorder solution. You can wake them up with a tune ;)

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
PM me if your interested in a mailorder solution. You can wake them up with a tune ;)

Agreed post up details mate for everyone (or pm me) i have a vx with the same issue and i want to speak to a tuner who can get something out of my sixer with current mods!

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
I offer dyno tunes or mailorder (+exchange if needed) for the flash VX and VY. They are tuned in a similar fashion to LS1 and newers where you readout the stock tune, modify it and write it back. For the full on setups turbos etc. they can also be realtime tuned using kalmaker which includes mafless setup.

You probably wont get much more peak power for a stocker seeing as holden pretty much nailed that but drivability is improved and also auto shift firmness etc can be changed.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
i'm interested... E mail sent:)

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride

sounds awesome man, where abouts are ya based?.. if its in central vic or melbourne, would it be possible to bring in the car instead of a mail order one? .. cheers mate