Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

green ignition light

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
i was walking by my car and i saw somethign green inside, i got to my car and the green light next to the ignition was on. is the green light next to the ignition ment to stay on all night???

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
no, its sposed to turn off when the door is shut

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
is it only the newer ones that light up with the remote button? ie it'll stay on until you lock the car with the remote and come back on when you hit the unlock button...
It isn't meant to be on 24/7 though.

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
hey, well could it be a sort of warning? because i have no light in the roof, as i broke it when i was taking the roof lining out, do you think its telling me that i have a light out???

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Probably more likely that when you broke the roof light circuitry it screwed with the ignition light. The roof light is supposed to go off when you lock the car so they're probably on the same circuit.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Im sure the all lights in the interior are run througth either the BCM if you have one or the headligth switch..I had a vp berlina and the same thing happened Except all of the interior lights stayed on because I accidently arked some wires while working on the steering colunm ,which shorted out the timer(part of the headlight switch) ,the only way to fix it was to replace the headligth switch

vsspac696

Reaction score
Members Ride
6/1996 VS Commodore S Pack Automatic Utility
I might have a solution, I thought that the instrument dimmer switch (next to headlight control switch) had three settings. In fact, it only had two, I had it at the highest setting, thinking that it was just the brighest setting for the instrument cluster when it was a 'stay on permanently' setting for the interior light. This means that when I closed the door, the interior light AND ignition barrel light (the work in unison, btw) would stay on until I removed the fuse. I finally resorted to the owner's manual and realised my mistake. It may be possible you may have accidentally done the same, however your interior light globe is not working, leaving your ignition barrel light on only.
Just a thought.

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
I might have a solution, I thought that the instrument dimmer switch (next to headlight control switch) had three settings. In fact, it only had two, I had it at the highest setting, thinking that it was just the brighest setting for the instrument cluster when it was a 'stay on permanently' setting for the interior light. This means that when I closed the door, the interior light AND ignition barrel light (the work in unison, btw) would stay on until I removed the fuse. I finally resorted to the owner's manual and realised my mistake. It may be possible you may have accidentally done the same, however your interior light globe is not working, leaving your ignition barrel light on only.
Just a thought.

I did the same and drained my battery over and over and over until I realised.