Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green Wagon Creamed by a Toyota

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Ahhhh, I didnt know it was your daughter either! I called her a useless bitch.

Cos I second that ^^^ (useless bitch) after the way she spoke to me.

She tried to say the brakes failed. Pigs arsss they failed. She backed out too fast without looking. Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it'll slow her down for a while and it'sthe best time for it to happen. as you say, might help avoid the "big one" later

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The wagon is booked in for paint on Friday - It's almost all rubbed back to the original primer. 2 back gaurds and the bottom half of the tail gate.

Took it out for a spin for work today - drives so nice for an old car - and looks very ordinary with the tan primer on the back.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is the Wagon all ready for paint

One is of the car hand/brush painted to check finish & smoothness (and the paint looked very bad too)

So when the painter said he could do the job all the cruddy hand finshed paint work came off ready for them to prime (spray) and put the 2 pack Hot House Green on.

It'll be good to see it all finished again:)

And get my finger prints back (400 grit kills the fingers)

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Mate, the car is a credit to your determination not to be beaten. It's looking terrific and with the quality of work that has gone into it, it will be better than prior to the prang. I had an 89 Exec for four years and, while it was a very reliable car, I could never have had the love affair you have for VN's. You would have to be hopelessly devoted to that model to have kept it for 20 years but it certainly is paying off. Let's hope the last prang is the last prang.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
not blending into the doors????? lets hope the painter has a keen eye:thumbsup:
looking good, nice to see that you stuck to it and kept it from going to sims
i miss doing this stuff, woo back to work on monday after 3 months off:w00t:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
not blending into the doors????? lets hope the painter has a keen eye:thumbsup:
looking good, nice to see that you stuck to it and kept it from going to sims
i miss doing this stuff, woo back to work on monday after 3 months off:w00t:

I still have plenty of the original mix of Hot House Green + the 4 Lt I snagged for $80. So all the back will be painted first with the new paint and then a few top coats of the first mix.

Should look OK as the colour has not faded at all - been pained for must be 3 years now.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, the car is a credit to your determination not to be beaten. It's looking terrific and with the quality of work that has gone into it, it will be better than prior to the prang. I had an 89 Exec for four years and, while it was a very reliable car, I could never have had the love affair you have for VN's. You would have to be hopelessly devoted to that model to have kept it for 20 years but it certainly is paying off. Let's hope the last prang is the last prang.

The old VN has a few battle scars underneath so to speak - like I've not fixed under the bumper at all - just brushed some colour over it.

But yep love the VN's and for someone with a bad back they are easy to get in & out of and you can see behind you when reversing. (I hate the VZ when it comes to reversing in the dark - just cant see).

I've driven many different cars over the years (dad being a panel beater) and the VN does a very good job for it's age/power.

I still am hunting for one of the first VN's - July or August 88. So I can do a complete rebuild to original spec job with maybe a greenfoam tune:) But thats all.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Had a quick look Firday arvo (late) and the car had just primer on it:cry:

So it's going to be next week now - bugga. It's been 5 months now and I'm over it big time. Just want it all 1 colour again.

Greenfoams tune is now a steady 10.6L/100 over 2000kms city driving. I'd say its a clear winner:thumbsup: On the expressway it drops into the 6 & 7 L/100 so a long trip planned for xmas should return top figs.