Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Greetings From The United States

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Hi. David from Seattle and great to be here.

I bought my Pontiac G8 GT about three years ago and love it - you are so incredibly lucky to be able to buy such a great car.

Because North America is the only continent you can't get a Holden built sedan, and it seems incredibly unlikely we'll ever get them again, and the alarming rate people are wrapping the 34K that made it here around trees, phone poles, other cars, I've decided to try to hold on to mine as long as possible. So over the soggy, dark, gray, Seattle winter months it sits in storage. Driving it around 6Km to 11Km a year now.

I've done a ton of modifications to my G8, and have been working on have it look like the SS V-Series Special Edition (forgive the all caps, this is a cut and paste from a book used at car shows and I didn't want to take the time to convert it).

Glad to be here - hope to make some friends and join in on the discussion. Thanks!

attachment.php

POWERTRAIN/MECHANICAL
• VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE WITH REMOVABLE TOP COVER AND TAP PLASTICS CUSTOM CLEAR ACRYLIC COVER; NON-OILED POWERCORE HIGH FLOW AIR FILTER
• SUPERCHIPS CORTEX POWER TUNER WITH 91 OCTANE VOLANT TUNE, SPEED LIMITER DISABLED, AFM DISABLED, AND CUSTOM TRANSMISSION PROGRAMMING
• BILLET PROTOTYPES WHITE POWDER COATED BILLET CATCH CAN
• SOLO PERFORMANCE 409 STAINLESS G8 J-TUBE AXLE BACK EXHAUST WITH DUAL 3” 304 STAINLESS STEEL POLISHED TIPS
• COLD AIR INTAKE INLET MODIFIED
• DBA 4000XS SERIES ROTORS, CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED
• HAWK CERAMIC BRAKE PADS
• RUSSELL STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES
• ATE BLUE DOT 4 RACING BRAKE FLUID

UNDER THE HOOD
• AMERICAN CAR CRAFT 304 STAINLESS STEEL POLISHED HOOD LINER
• AMERICAN CAR CRAFT 304 STAINLESS STEEL POLISHED TWO PIECE PLENUM COVER
• BODY COLOR PAINTED ENGINE COVER AND FUSE COVER
• ROTO-FAB BLACK POWDER COATED RADIATOR COVER
• AUTO TECHNICA BILLET ALUMINUM HIGH PRESSURE AND LOW PRESSURE RADIATOR CAP COVERS, STRUT TOWER CAPS, OIL FILLER CAP, STEERING FLUID CAP, AND MASTER CYLINDER BRAKE FLUID CAP
• BILLET PROTOTYPES POLISHED BILLET ALUMINUM WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID CAP

INTERIOR
• CONTINENTAL ONSTAR MODULE GM P/N 20827036 WITH BLUETOOTH ANTENNA PROGRAMMED BY WHITE’S AUTOMOTIVE SEVICES
• AUTO DIMMING REARVIEW MIRROR WITH COMPASS AND ONSTAR CONTROLS
• REPROGRAMMED BY WHITE’S AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES CENTER MOUNTED DIGITAL GAUGES WITH DISPLAY FOR VOLTAGE, OIL TEMPERATURE AND OIL PRESSURE
• WHITE’S AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES VEHICLE IN MOTION INFOTAINMENT PROGRAMMING WITH HOLDEN START UP LOGO AND PANEL MOUNTED RCA JACKS
• 35% CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
• RSA-10HP SAS 10” 150 WATT AMPLIFIED SUBWOOFER WITH FALSE FLOOR IN TRUNK
• HOLDEN STEERING WHEEL LOGO
• HOLDEN COMMODORE VE OWNER’S MANUAL

EXTERIOR
• VISUAL GARAGE SHARK FIN ANTENNA PAINTED TO MATCH BODY COLOR
• FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET DELETE
• HOOD VENTS PAINTED MATTE BLACK
• LOWER GRILLES AND FOG LIGHT SURROUNDS ACCENT PAINTED WITH MATCHING BODY COLOR
• VENTURESHIELD CLEAR BRA WITH PROTECTED MIRROR CAPS, DOOR EDGES, ROCKER PANELS, AND REAR TRUNK LIP
• FRONT BUMPER COVER SHAVED AND LOGO REMOVED
• HOLDEN CENTER CAPS, V-FLAG LOGO, TRUNK LOGO
• HOLDEN CHROME TRUNK SPEAR
• BASS BIAS MODIFICATION

SAFETY AND SECURITY
• JHP/HOLDEN COMMODORE VE ULTRA-SONIC BACK UP SENSOR ARRAY
• PACE PERFORMANCE HOLDEN COMMODORE VE JACK KIT WITH FULL SIZE 9 X 19” POLISHED ALUMINUM SPARE TIRE WITH TPMS AND 245/40P19” W-RATED SUMMER ONLY TIRE

attachment.php

Front End Shot of Matte Black Hood Vents.jpgPainted Lower Grille and Matte Black Vents.jpgStainless Steel Hood Liner.jpgVIM Adjust the Volume.jpgDPE Training G8.jpgNorth Cascades Highway.jpgWhite Pass G8.jpg

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Nice car mate

I thought something looked weird and then realised it doesnt have a front number plate. I'm assuming you dont need to display them over ther?

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Nice car mate

I thought something looked weird and then realised it doesnt have a front number plate. I'm assuming you dont need to display them over ther?

The requirements for front license plates varies from state to state here. There are 19 states that only require a front license plate (of the 52 jurisdictions - the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico). Those states are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Washington state requires the plate, but we do not have vehicle inspections and I have been lucky. In the city of Seattle itself they'll even write you a parking ticket if you're parked on the street for no front license plate. The parking ticket fine I think is $27 (US) and the pull you over and write the ticket fine is $124 (US).

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Nice car mate.

Thanks! When the weather gets a bit better and I do some more work on it this spring I need to take some updated photos and share. I found a great wall mural in a town north of here of Ayers Rock on the back of a store - I was just making a u-turn in the parking lot and saw the mural. Definitely want to get up there and take some pictures of the G8.

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Thumbs up for putting the Holden logo's/badges on mate.

Sweet ride

GXP25

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GXP
The requirements for front license plates varies from state to state here. There are 19 states that only require a front license plate (of the 52 jurisdictions - the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico). Those states are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Washington state requires the plate, but we do not have vehicle inspections and I have been lucky. In the city of Seattle itself they'll even write you a parking ticket if you're parked on the street for no front license plate. The parking ticket fine I think is $27 (US) and the pull you over and write the ticket fine is $124 (US).

Old post but nice car.

Quick correction: Those 19 states only require a rear plate.