Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gum tree scammer

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Had the same scam aswel,He worked offshore and wanted to buy his elderly father a car.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
How kind of him to offer you $2500 more than your asking price...

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
These guys are so annoying!
They've tried to scam me while I was selling my ute and also when I was trying to buy one!

cracker

Reaction score
went a looked at this car last year when i asked the bloke if he was neg on price he said no because a bloke on an oil ring had offered him the asking price via email...sigh

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
^^Yet they keep trying, which makes me wonder how many people are buying into the scam.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP, VL walkinshaw replica
It's amazing how many of these scams are out there.
It would be interesting to see how many people actually fall for it.
I personally have a few family members that if they had the internet would be caught out quick smart... :hit:
Thank god they dont.

It's funny how keen they are to contact you, until you inform them the police have been contacted

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Got it!!!!!

:idea3:You should ask for his dads email address (just in case he says his dad hasn't got a computer) then get him to tell his dad to start a pay pal account if it's so f'n easy and give you the cash!:rofl2:

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
A lot of the time they are actually trying to suss out if the sale is real.... so even responding to these emails are dangerous...

if they work out the email is active, its step one to them stealing your ID...... and then tracking you around it.

I've seen a few idiots who had their facebook details not set to private, tracked their facebook details off their email.... next thing they know they had someone copy their facebook on a different email, use it to add their friends and try and scam them.

I wondered who would ever let this happen to them and then it happened to my aunt. Bloody prick saved all her photos and stuff off her facebook that she didnt know how to set to private 6 months ago... and every few months I get a request to add from her with the old pictures.... that arent her.

ChristinaNikita

Reaction score
Members Ride
Peugeot 206 coupe cabriole
Lol i just got the same one....
Jame Smith [email protected] to me
show details 5:40 AM (10 minutes ago)

Hi thanks for mailing back,I am a marine engineer on a rig offshore and do not have much time on me and i am buying this for Dad, i am at sea right now,Can i pay you 4,700 for it?.I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i don't have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments,as you don't have a paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com ,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payment has been sorted Waiting to read from you soon.

--- On Tue, 2/21/12, c duffy <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Car for sale.
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 5:37 AM

Hi James,
the car is for sale 4,550 ono,
Thank you.