Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gunky coolant - oil and tranny fluid ok

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
over time every cars coolant turns brown and ends up with glunky deposits, which is why you have to or should flush it every so often. mines slightly brown (still green) my mates cars are the same and there all serviced by reputable mechanics regularly.
unless urs is different, which it doesnt sound, your car should be FINE :)

You Have to remember Theres a difference between oil and just normal Rust in the coolant. Depending on the age and how many kms is on it.
If you see oil in it theres a gasket leak, can easily tell when you see oil around your rad cap and it floating on the top of the coolant, should never be oil in the coolant, rust sure cant escape that :(

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
mate i do have just a very little bit of creamy thing and as i said before i did a compression test for a blown head gasket when the car was worm but the result is negative. and who told u it might be a gasket leak??? it might be ur tyranny leaking into the coolant. or as i said before someone had pissed in it or put some oil in ur coolant as defiantly what did happened to me. I've done alot of test at auto shop to confirm if a head gasket leak or a tranny oil is leaking but the result is negative. so plz can u explain 2 me mate????

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
i do believe its a rust as Holden admit they build up a faulty reservoir tube that pick up every **** pass by under or above neath.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
If its a milky brown color under the radiator cap then it is oil mixed with water.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
mate i do have just a very little bit of creamy thing and as i said before i did a compression test for a blown head gasket when the car was worm but the result is negative. and who told u it might be a gasket leak??? it might be ur tyranny leaking into the coolant. or as i said before someone had pissed in it or put some oil in ur coolant as defiantly what did happened to me. I've done alot of test at auto shop to confirm if a head gasket leak or a tranny oil is leaking but the result is negative. so plz can u explain 2 me mate????

Ok, The Inlet manifold (with gaskets between The Block and the inlet manifold) is the top part that allows air into all cylinders, Both Oil and Coolant Run Through this part from block to inlet manifold, so need gaskets, So A compression test would not show a fault as it will only test the Head gasket as both Valves are closed at point of compression and the Inlet has nothing todo with it at point of compression. So if oil in coolant is either a Trans leak or Inlet gasket leak. If Coolant in the oil then its a head gasket or a failed compression test. Hope this makes sense lol