Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guys now u can delete dtc codes without using tech2

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
lol @ all the fairy tales in this thread

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
all this information is wrong. saying that you need to go to holden to reprogram the ecu if u disconnect the battery is the funniest one!!

ShannonN

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 - VX Series II Berlina (2002)
Well said Ricey
But for those of us that are NOT Holden technicians as you are, would you care to comment on the 100 click method, disconnecting battery method, what's factual and Urban myth, please?

Shannon

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
This is normal DTC programming for nearly every car in the world with On-Board-Diagnostics.

Standard DTC programming says 'If fault does not occur for (*insert number of) engine start cycles, delete current/history code'

*This number varies for all DTCs - anywhere from 10 to 255.

What this guy said, so there may be some merit to cycling your ignition a heap of times though I cant see the point as history codes dont affect the car whatsoever.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
As for disconnecting battery it does nothing as the codes are stored in memory like your PC and stay there when power is turned off.

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
mate if u do care bout ur car u'll go to holden to reprogram the ecu after dis battery. who told that the car wont work after dis battery !!!!! mate u can drive the car no worries but it will run sluggish rich for a while. i think u didn't read the thread from beginning.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What drugs are you on rocket, you never have to reprogram an ECU after disconnecting the battery, and even if you did it would be EXACTLY the same as it was after disconnecting the power source.

You know why? Your ECU is capable of learning to an extent and can slightly alter the way your engine runs to suit the conditions etc. When you remove the battery for an extended period you reset it back to default. When you reflash the ECU guess what, youre resetting it to default.

The ONLY time an ecu reflash makes a difference is if the software you flash it with is newer than the current software or its an aftermarket tune.

damiandownie

Damo (Vl Walky replica)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 commy
What drugs are you on rocket, you never have to reprogram an ECU after disconnecting the battery, and even if you did it would be EXACTLY the same as it was after disconnecting the power source.

You know why? Your ECU is capable of learning to an extent and can slightly alter the way your engine runs to suit the conditions etc. When you remove the battery for an extended period you reset it back to default. When you reflash the ECU guess what, youre resetting it to default.

The ONLY time an ecu reflash makes a difference is if the software you flash it with is newer than the current software or its an aftermarket tune.

Hi mate. So does the 100 turns of the ignition restore to default without any code history, and is it the same as taking the battery terminal off? if there is any difference please explain

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
yes mate this way is the perfect way without dis the battery.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
hay rocket can you read under ricey it says holden technician