Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H.I.D Kit For VY S-Pack

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
Hey guys, im not sure if something like this has been posted before, (Tried Search and cant find nothing)
But anyways here goes,

Ive got a 03 VY S2 25th Anniversary, and im wanting to upgrade the headlights to a HID kit, but im unsure what will work, im interested in getting these:

XENON HID 6000K H4 HI/LOW BEAM KIT COMMODORE XR6 XR8 - eBay Headlights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Mar-10 21:40:14 AEDST)

According to the add they will fit, but im just making sure, Because i got some for my AU falcon awhile ago when i had it and they fitted good, but the falcon didnt have the weird reflector thing that goes in-front of the globe like the VY's do, so im wondering will this reflector thing get in the way of the light (Coz the HID globes are larger)..

Im wanting a Bi-Xenon kit (Hi and Low Beam), coz i know you can get either hi or low beam for the VY's but i want them both heh.. and their not that common compared to the other cars..

thanks guys! .. im really looking forward to getting these, as the standard lights really blow bad lol, and kinda scares me coz i cant see anything!!..

OH, and im thinking of maybe getting the VY SS headlights at a later date, These headlight covers aren't any different in fitting than the ones that are on the anniversary models are they?

thanks a bunch dudes!!!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Just get a 55w H1 hi beam kit, don't go getting xenons for your low beam in those headlights, because all they'll do is add about 400% glare as your headlights aren't designed to work with them. That and you'll have certain individuals flashing their lights at you because they can no longer see when you're coming at them.

Villan_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 02 V6
HID are illegal in VY's Vehicles equipped with HID headlamps are required to be equipped with headlamp lens cleaning systems and automatic beam levelling control.

Last edited:

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohh .. okay, well that blows then, thanks for the info dudes, looks like im just gonna have to get a hi-beam kit instead, and hope i dont run into anything with the low beam on lol

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Installed a HID kit in my VY Berlina with projectors. Awesome difference. They seem to work much much better with projectors, and havent been flashed once.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh as i said that i installed then into my falcon a bit ago, and nobody ever complained about them. even the cops had a look at them and didnt say anything. so yeh are they the same for the VY's as they are for the AU falcons?

victor71

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Ute
there isnt a problem with the heat from the light. a set of 35w will keep you on the safe side. i have it in my ss ute but i got 4300k to prevent getting pulled up because its still slightly yellow. get a simple h4 kit hi/lo kits are more designed for cars with one headlight and dont have the second headlight as the high beam if u understand. also u can find hid kits for about 80 bucks still as good as that 250 dollar one

simonssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute LS1
hi all, i have a ss ute standard reflector headlights fitted just wondering if i fit a 8,000k HID kit in 55watts will that effect my plastic lense at front? i know that you can receive a defect notice, however i have had 8,000k HID's fitted before and the cops in orange nsw thought that they "looked cool" as i was pulled over in a RBT lane... please let me know what you think.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
PM NAAF, he does new style HID kits.