Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hangin out at Maccas

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Why do people, mainly P Platers find hanging out at McDonalds carparks so cool to do on Friday and Saturday nights??!??! This has always stumped me, whether they have hot cars or not they will be there, Commodores, Excels, WRX, Utes, it shits me to tears, havent they got anywhere else to go?Its not as if they are eating the food, they stay there for hours on end, often whil.st been out, or going for a cruise i pass McDonalds and see the same cars there, the "Maccas Hardcores" upto 3 hours after i have originally seen them.......... maybe its because mummy wont let them have friends over?!?!?! i dont know but if they are going for a "hardcore, tough car" look, Maccas isnt the place to be doing it !!!! Get a life ppl... I Rest My Case!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
*note to self* cancel plans for hanging at Maccas tonight.

I know what you mean though, groups do gather at fast food outlets and just hang in the carpark. Guess they have nowhere else to go - it's a meeting place. Convenient as there is food, drink and toilets available.

But it's not like it's a new thing, people have always gathered somewhere on Friday and Saturday nights. Chilling out and catching up with friends, making plans, admiring each others cars.

May I ask without appearing rude what you did when you first got a car Secki? Didn't you have the urge to hang around with friends and show off your pride and joy?

Hell I am the mother of 3 kids and I still catch up in carparks at night time - with car clubs. I also have a life :)

C.

Secki

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
no i drove around showing off, or we went to someones house and compared cars there! not sat in the maccas carpark! i reckon thats just lame, at leaest go to a mall or shopping centre!, and the filthy mess they leave at maccs thats just rude!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Secki said:
no i drove around showing off, or we went to someones house and compared cars there! not sat in the maccas carpark! i reckon thats just lame, at leaest go to a mall or shopping centre!, and the filthy mess they leave at maccs thats just rude!

May I ask what the differance is between a shopping centre car park and Maccas carpark? Or for that matter the foreshore carpark at the beach. Mess is left at all these places too sadly.

C.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I've hung at maccas lots of times. Coming home from the pool hall on a friday night at around 1am, everyone's hungry so we pop over to Baysie maccas, have something to eat, meet up with a few of the other peeps and just hang about inside and have a good chat.
I still don't understand the peeps that just sit there and don't eat and pretty much just wait around for life to fall in their lap. And the guys showing off with the "hot" cars rub me the wrong way.

V

vyadam

when i was younger it was drivins or milk bars or parks but hoyts, maccas DVD's distroied that and the very nice old people and policepeople have stoped you having an afta dark picnic by the river yet eny old TV show will prove that that is what thay did in there day.
basic rule of today is if your were there is lots of light and you can spend you money then its ok if not then MOVE ON PEOPLE

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
I'd like to know Ronald's point-of-view on this topic ... as it's his carpark these
"[P] Platers" are loitering in and messing up! Hmmm Ronald?

D

Dogmeat

im a p plater and i nor my mates hang out at maccas basically cos everything they sell is just lard but its pretty fun when i have partys cos i just get about 6 commodores on my front lawn (which isnt that big) then one of my mates ea falcon looks rather out of place among the sea of vh,vk,vl 's but so do my neighbours 2 (two) gt 500's ........

Secki

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
i suppose its my law enforcement side kicking in on the whole loitering thing....... but i also just dont think it looks "cool" as im sure some of these young fools with Excels with Chrome Mag wheels do.........