Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard Rubbish time again

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I just picked up a 68 cm flat screen CRT, perfect condition makes a nice little addition for my room. Can't afford to go get a big LCD atm.

We picked up an LCD monitor last year. Also got an IBM pc this year, just sitting there. Good stuff if you have a look, society is very throw away these days.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
18 inch vx clubsport wheels. vs clubby front bar. tool boxes. lots of copper pipe big $$$ . 3 vr vs ss spoilers. and lots of other ford and holden parts.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Nothing, because I'm not a scabby bastard that goes through other peoples trash :p That said though hubby did pick up a yamaha mx gear bag that was like new :D

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
You will be suprised how much money they will get for recyclying metal

I had a intake manifold from a vt
I got 10bucks back from that itself..

IS250FSSV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Lexus GS 300,Holden Commodore SSV 2009,LX-R
I also got a few thing for my kids:
1. A GT bike ( my Nephew, whose older then my 2 yo daughter, tell me they are a very good brand
2. A trampoline
3. A PS 1, even though She has my old 360 cos I use a slim now
4. a POS Nokia

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
we dont get hard rubbish so i never get see any of this stuff.

however if we got to keep/sell the left overs from work (industrial electrical works.....)... =P
if your wondering, copper is about $7 a kilo striped or bare, thats why every man and his dog wants to steal it and scrap it.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
there is good money to be made from recycling metals and the more you sort the more you make.
some of you may think it is funny that these scabs are out there taking RUBBISH, but believe me when done right you can make more than a weeks pay +, in one night easily.
and to the OP I scabed an big old welder and to very heavy transformers 3hrs stripping and down to the scrap yard $620.
btw an old copper hot water tank is worth around $80 when the metal prices are right.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
:a set of 14inch commodore mags that i sold on ebay for $50
:a newish pioneer sub in a pioneer box which i also sold for $50
:an ikea flat trolley (for carting big long boxes etc) that the person had obviously stolen from ikea,
:a brand new looking 15 by 7 inch chaser rim and brand new bridgestone/goodyear tyre on it,
:a bollard and when i was younger,a stop/slow sign

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
We get 4 domestic waste clean ups a year, we can book the council clean up to come pick up bulky waste so long as it isn't building materials, car parts and a few other items. We have never used the service and it shits me that there are so many wankers in our neighbourhood that just throw their **** out on the nature strip without even booking a council clean up. The **** sits there for weeks and kids scrounge through the **** and it ends up all over the damn place and in the reserve next door. I've been so tempted to throw some petrol over a couple of these repeat offenders piles and throw a match on them and they can have a bonfire in their front yard instead of a pile of **** all over our street.