Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hard to start when cold

89 jas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
i got a vu ss its hard to start when cold i turn the key till the lights come on in the dash then weight for them to go off then try to to start it sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt just wondering what it could be like sparkplugs or cpu or fuel filter or a sensor any ideas wld be great thanks 89jas

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
When you say it is hard to start do you mean the starter turns over OK but the engine wont fire or do you mean the starter wont turn over.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Sounds like cold weather and a weak battery. Do the dash lights dim very noticably when the starter is cranking?

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
i have the same problem with my car sometimes... it turns over but doesn't fire... its like trying to start with no fuel. I think its the fuel pump as i cannot hear the hum just before starting. its worse in the morning when its been sitting without starting for a while. i need to check leads and plugs as well...
if anyone knows anything else that can be checked would be great ;)

89 jas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
it turns ok but it doesnt fire the lights dont go dim at all thanks guys

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
Check your connections to your starter motor is ok. Otherwise it could be your starter motor or starter relay is on its way out.

89 jas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
i replace the fuel pump that seem like it was the problem but it wasnt found out are week later it was the fuel pump relay so it all soughted now