Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has any one put a ls1 in

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
nope, dont bother, Sell what ever you have now and trade up to a VT II SS or soemthing with an LS1, you can pick up up for around 11-12k anyday of the week..
Cheers

Dave

really! here youll pay 17k atleast for a tv sII. cars in perth hold there value alot more it seems.

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
needs custom made block mounts to match the K frame... ive seen one in a VR maloo, but stroking a holden motor is easier....

we have a VB wagon with factory fitted chev, has different chassis rails and runs a steering box that hangs through the inner gaurd, custom K frame and custom sump & pickup.... most of this is to get around the holden steering rack which gets in the way of the chev starter motor,

you can buy kits that space the k frame but your car will never be low and its a horrible way to do it (guy in our car club has it done like this... looks ****e)

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
really! here youll pay 17k atleast for a tv sII. cars in perth hold there value alot more it seems.

your shopping in the wrong spot my freind.
Check the auctions;)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i can get motor an box for 3k but whats needed to be done to the vn like cuttin welding **** like that from 1 nut to the whole thing

Motor and box is just the easy part mate, and the relatively cheap part.

If you don't know what you're doing and you are not prepared to pay atleast 10 or 15 grand then don't bother thinking about it.

tregs

Reaction score
ok kool what about a vs ss motor i dont want to sell my car??

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah a 5L is relatively easy.

Engine, Box, K Frame, Radiator, Trans Cooler, ECU, Front Springs and you're basically done.

Its a much more common conversion so there is alot more detailed information around and the parts are cheaper also.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

17k for a tv? must be a good plasma:p