Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone cammed their VF series 2 yet?

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the effect camming has on resale values?

Keep your receipts.

If I were buying I'd definitely want to see if it was done by a professional mob or a backyard mechanic.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
You want to rev to a desired RPM so that next gear your on the money, reving past max HP isn't an issue changing to early can and will make you slower.

What are we talking about again?

And loving it!

So, picked up my Redline today and official figures are 336RWKW and 580NM. They recommend to take it easy for a couple of hundred k's, then should all be sweet. Has a very minor "surge" when coming to a stop, but nothing over the top, and it's like a completely different transmission after the tune. More willing to drop back gears in drive, and holds them longer when accelerating. I'm still trying to work out how to post pics, not sure if it's an Apple issue, or me being a dumb ass but can't get anything to load! Think I'll follow flo rida's methodology and post a YouTube link once I get them up, as I'd like some feedback on the dyno run, torque drops around 3800RPM before climbing again at 4000.

Very cool! Photo bucket is a good site to upload photos then click on the pick go to the info icon then click the IMG code. Past direct into your post. I have never successfully embedded a video on this site...

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
So, picked up my Redline today and official figures are 336RWKW and 580NM. They recommend to take it easy for a couple of hundred k's, then should all be sweet. Has a very minor "surge" when coming to a stop, but nothing over the top, and it's like a completely different transmission after the tune. More willing to drop back gears in drive, and holds them longer when accelerating. I'm still trying to work out how to post pics, not sure if it's an Apple issue, or me being a dumb ass but can't get anything to load! Think I'll follow flo rida's methodology and post a YouTube link once I get them up, as I'd like some feedback on the dyno run, torque drops around 3800RPM before climbing again at 4000.

Hey Jarp
It think the 580NM would have been measured at the max kilowatt reading and I'd suspect it would be a higher reading at lower revs. Considering it looks like we've both used the same cam profile in the same engine my max torque was 766NM @ 4533rpm and about 580 I think at 5800 rpm. So are you enjoying the car after the Harrop makeover?

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Loving it after the makeover, gotta get some time at home to play with photobucket so I can post the dyno.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
IMG_1133_zpssd8qlwf7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Nothing to compare against. You need before and after to see the changes. The total figure doesnt matter, its the gains and where in the rev range they are that is important. Descent tuners give stock and modded. or before changes and after changes.

Here is before and after valve spring change.

IMG_4950_zpsf9e86aeb.jpg

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Gotta love the torque of the turbo six.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
yes it can sounds so much better

Na all the way............