Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone fitted a stand up Holden badge to their WM statesman or caprice?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
Ok time for an update, the badge off the WH caprice as pictured above won't fit a WM as the shaft that goes through the bonnet isn't long enough. The only one available is the dreaded Chev Bonnet badge which has a much longer shaft as seen here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item257dec4b78&_uhb=1

I am not going to put a Chev badge on my Holden so until they make one to suit i cannot fit one. Shame but that's life!

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Can never have a long enough shaft.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Ok time for an update, the badge off the WH caprice as pictured above won't fit a WM as the shaft that goes through the bonnet isn't long enough. The only one available is the dreaded Chev Bonnet badge which has a much longer shaft as seen here Genuine Holden NEW Chevrolet Badge ON Bonnet Suits WM Statesman | eBay

I am not going to put a Chev badge on my Holden so until they make one to suit i cannot fit one. Shame but that's life!

The shaft isn't meant to go all the way through the support on the underside of the bonnet, the nut that holds the emblem on screws all the way up to the top skin of the bonnet. That is why there is a larger hole in the support to allow you to get the nut on with a tube spanner.
In an earlier post I said that when installing it to make sure that the emblem sits straight up and down then I realised that mine actually slants back slightly.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
photos of my bonnet

Just posting pics so you can see I can't get a tube spanner in there, I need a badge with the long shaft like the chev badge I showed you on EBay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 387

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I see. It looks like there is no way of removing that thing temporarily.