Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

has anyone had this happen to there radio clock display

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
got into car this morning. started car. and the entire display where the radio is off. no clock nothing just black.. radio still worked . just no display at all.. ok it was really cold this morning outside temp was showing 1c and ice all over car windows. but strange for the display to go out. drove for a min and it came back on. never done this before since having the car. now had it for 3 years. the other parts of the center console was all on heater controls all lit up but just the display was out.. anyone else had this don't know if there is a plug to check or what powers that display area... can anyone help on this strange problem.

many thanks to you all.

Gloof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
I have a 2009 sv6 and I had the same problem a couple of months ago. Had to switch the car off and back on to make it work again.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
well at least i know it just not my car with this problem.

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
something perhaps to do with the fact they are an LCD, or LIQUID crystal display... And if it was that cold....

Gloof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
it wasn't cold when it happened.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i wonder if its only common to SV6 owners? never happened to me, but then I dont have an SV6 either.
interesting that it came back on by itself later on, because if it was a loose wire or blown circuit or something it wouldve stayed off. maybe put it down to a 'gremlin once off' and see if it happens again.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
something perhaps to do with the fact they are an LCD, or LIQUID crystal display... And if it was that cold....
Given LCDs work down to -30ºC or so, i doubt that was the problem :p

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Happened to mine as well on a couple of occasions not only on start up nut when I hit big bumps.

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah I've had this exact same thing happen. When it happened it was on the colder mornings last winter and it only happened when it was colder than normal. But each time after about a minute or 2 it came good. I just put it down to it being too cold for it (for some reason)

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Common fault with the earlier model VE's where the SIC module fails. Had this happen to my SSV where instead of the radio, clock info display is for SV6 and SS I had the volt and oil pressure meter. The fix is the SIC module needs to be replaced eventually.