Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hatch back driver!!

emir3008

Reaction score
Website
emir3008.deviantart.com
Members Ride
VS Calais
2 weeks ago i was driving in peak hour and had this stupid silver hatch back infront of me driving 10ks under the speed limit, i had enough and merged to the left and accelerated, ahead of me was a set of traffic lights where i know that there is a speed camera, this ######## decides to indicate and start moving across into my lane, now he had not noticed i was to the left of him, and by now i had a van up my ass, i beeped at him and he didnt do ****, i then realised either i accelerate or break, i accelerated to avoid the van from hitting me if i was to break, and as i accelerated i just waited for the flash, because i knew i was over the speed limit, and the thing that pissed me off was this guy didnt even attempt to move back over as i passed him he just carried on and merged lanes, and just didnt have a care on his face i wanted to get out punch him in the forehead, but i thought i should try and appeal to have my fine revoked.

I wrote a letter today outlining everything even telling them that even in the picture you can probably still see the retard indicating, this resulted me in a 1month ban.

So what do you guys think my chances are of getting everything sorted with Civic Compliance? Do you think they will understand my situation?

Anyways i think there should be some sort of mandatory license renewal every few years or something, because i dont know how some people get there licenses.

cheers guys.

wickann15

YEEHAAAAAAAH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Mate you would've been better breaking. If the guy in the van ran up your arse it would've been his fault for being so close in the first place and he would've been out of pocket paying for the damage to your car. But yes I agree I really do wish they would introduce a mandatory driving test every 10 years maybe then some of these ########s would be taken off our roads.

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
what he just said plus suck a fart you sped you got caught you wont get off it dont whinge about it here please

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 1998 Not my dp
legally you can break the law to avoid an incident. if you fight your case and get the picture to prove the events your will get off. also it depends on how fast you were going. a ridiculous speed like 20 over or so that is to fast for them to even look at it

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I will say that you will not get off, they see things very black and white, which means you can try but don't hold your breath.

I too agree with mandatory re-licence testing every 5 years or so.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
doubt you'll get off. i had a chineese tour bus pull out infront of me on a bend on a country road, could have either hit the brakes and mayb locked up and slid into a telephone pole or swerve and over take him crossing the last 5meters of a "continuous" white line.(no overtaking) decided to overtake cause could see clearly up the road and no cars were coming.....2k's down the road i got pulled overfor overtaking in a no overtaking spot. went back and took a heap of photos and wrote them a novel and had it herd in court but still got fined... pretty crapy....

like if a kid falls out of a tree onto the road in front of you and got no chance of stopping and have to swerve to miss him, you need to make sure you dont change lanes without indicating first or can get fined ... it sucks d!ck but theres not alot ya can do...... an african mate of mine went in and out of court for 3 or 4 years over a speeding fine, he ended up getting off it cause the copper stuffed up and didnt appear, lost something or retired or something, but its just not worth the hassle..

edit- lol, and another, had to take a 3 year old kid to hospital cause he ate nuts and was elergic to em, face was all blown up, tounge swelling , massive lips,struggling to breathe, on the way to hospital went thru speed cameran got done.. i got letter from the emergency at hospital saying the time i got in there and why, but still got the fine cause it 'may not have been life threatening'.... that one really pisse me off..

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
legally you can break the law to avoid an incident. if you fight your case and get the picture to prove the events your will get off. also it depends on how fast you were going. a ridiculous speed like 20 over or so that is to fast for them to even look at it

Err... since when?? You want to provide some documentation to back this statement up?

emir,

I doubt you will be let off. The situation is simple, you have a choice to either break the law or not to break the law. You chose to break it.

I'm still having issues visualising this situation. You where doing 10km under the limit behind a car in the right lane, changed to the left and starded accelerating to overtake, then the car infront and to your left started merging across into your lane and you decided to accelerate past him? Oh, and a van appeared out of nowhere and started tailgating you preventing you from braking.

Was the guy that cut you off the same as the guy in the hatch or a different guy?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Jester, its easy to follow...

He was driving along, a slower car was int he right lane, he moved lanes to go around, the same slower car did not realise the OP was to the left of him and merged lanes.

To the OP, you have to watch these wankers, I had some feral bogan(some beat up piece of **** VS Statesman) doing up and down speeds on the highway the other night, he refused to keep left even though he wasnt passing anyone. So I changed lanes, when I got beside him, the wanker decided he too was going to change lanes(not sure how he didnt see me it was ####ing night). I beeped, and he kept coming so i booted it past. He then precedes to sit fair up my arse (could not see headlights) and followed me. Wanker was yelling all sorts of the typical bogan langauge, like the c wor detc and telling me how I was ####ed etc.
All you do is get their rego and report them, hopefully they do it to someone else and they get followed up.

As for the bogan I mentioned above, you seriously are an idiot.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Jester, its easy to follow...

He was driving along, a slower car was int he right lane, he moved lanes to go around, the same slower car did not realise the OP was to the left of him and merged lanes.

To the OP, you have to watch these wankers, I had some feral bogan(some beat up piece of **** VS Statesman) doing up and down speeds on the highway the other night, he refused to keep left even though he wasnt passing anyone. So I changed lanes, when I got beside him, the wanker decided he too was going to change lanes(not sure how he didnt see me it was ####ing night). I beeped, and he kept coming so i booted it past. He then precedes to sit fair up my arse (could not see headlights) and followed me. Wanker was yelling all sorts of the typical bogan langauge, like the c wor detc and telling me how I was ####ed etc.
All you do is get their rego and report them, hopefully they do it to someone else and they get followed up.

As for the bogan I mentioned above, you seriously are an idiot.

Yeah, that's not the bit I don't get, what I don't understand is why he accelerated to avoid the collision. If the car was right next to him, like perfectly level with him, then overtaking at 10kmph more than the hath would have been adequate to avoid the collision.

Maybe there are special circumstances but in each case that I can recall of this sort of thing happening to me, I avoided the accident by slowing down. Had a 4WD and a horse float do something similar to be along the moorooduc once and I still managed to slow down to avoid a crash instead of flooring it.

Just trying to get an understanding of car positioning, speeds and where the van came from...