Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hazard flasher plastic mounting cage

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
vt II v6.
hazard flasher works fine. The plastic ( clip in) mounting area that is part of the rear ( internal side) of the dashboard fascia....the plastic has split so the hazard flasher unit
does not fit securely. Still usable but not fully secure. Has anyone experienced such a problem and how did you solve it?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You would need to depin the entire fuse panel. Then replace the panel and reinsert all the wires in the correct locations.

Or replace the entire harness.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
vt II v6.
hazard flasher works fine. The plastic ( clip in) mounting area that is part of the rear ( internal side) of the dashboard fascia....the plastic has split so the hazard flasher unit
does not fit securely. Still usable but not fully secure. Has anyone experienced such a problem and how did you solve it?
You talking about the hazard flasher on the dash?
If so, the tangs broke of on mine. l plastic welded them back on.
Obviously the dash fascia cover has to come of.
Because its not seen, you can add more plastic, than it would normaly have to strengthen it up.
I've broken it a few times now. I just keep on welding back together.

I use an old soldering iron. I had a few old dashes, that l used for the welding material rods & also repaired & taught myself how to plastic weld.

Last edited:

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Ive had one side of the actual hazard button switch clip break and the switch float around , I glued the switch temporarily and bought another hazard switch which I havent bothered fitting as the glue is holding and I cant be bothered removing the facia shell (its working so why bother...lol) ....my guess is if the mounting area behind the dash facia is damaged you could cut out and glue/rivet/screw/whatever another rectangle plate in place over the damaged area to hold the button/switch ,this would be easier than tearing the whole dash out. In my case I think its the heat that breaks down the plastic switch clips over time... I took care to make sure glue couldnt run into the internals of the switch/ button. Will swap it out if and when it gives me grief . What plastic could you use as an overlay...Im thinking a 10l paint bucket lids plastic would be thick and strong enough... cut out the centre rectangle for the hazard switch first to the same dimensions as the internal dash (easier) and then size and cut the strip to overlay .... I used UHU glue ...lol

Last edited: