Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

head gasket?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hi. vs commodorw v6. has had inlet gasket changed in oast and has 189 000 on it.

been loosei ng coolant every week. around 1-2 liters. dropped coolant other day and was almost a complet brown colour. so flushed it out etc. refilled and bleed. took for a drive and came back....checked next day and down 1 liter in radiator only.

and while i filled it i noticed a **** load of bubbled comming out of radiator even though i blead it through the bleeder screw like i always have.

car is not over heating....has lost oil though and can see some water from exhaust but has been cold here lately.

sound like head gasket even though oil is clean and radiator does not pressureise?

Last edited:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
sounds like LIM gaskets, was everthing cleaned properly and assembled correctly? Is the trans oil ok? stock trans cooler in the rad can split doing the same.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
by any chance have you had the cooling system pressure tested?
local mech did mine the other day and it ended up having 7 different leaking spots. was all from hoses not being tight enough.

been chasing a rogue water using problem myself lately so am interested to see what solves it for you.
no water dropping on ground and am down to the final few things. (next up being the inlet mani)