Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight selector knob not lighting up!

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I made the same mistake in my VS stato, assuming there was a blown globe. So I pulled out the whole headlight/dash dimmer unit with the obvious finding that there is no globe. Worse still, I had 1 little steel check ball bouncing around the garage and some of the rotating connectors and springs loose. It's a crappy complicated mechanical design that takes ages to put back together. So for the uninitiated, learn from my mistake - don't go looking for the nonexistant globe!!

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Yeah, thanks for that guys. I couldn't believe it when I got it cause the car was in immaculate condition - interior and exterior - and that was the only 'fault' I could find. My housemate's got a VT and the control is bascially the same except it lights up. I thought it was weird that even the trip computer letters and aerial up/down controls lit up! My brother's got a VS Berlina as well so I wouldda been asking him before taking any part of the dash apart. I was thinking about doing it later anyway if I eventually put one of those coloured speedo etc. gauges in that you can buy on eBay. Some of them look dodgy and talk about 'shadows' behind the face but others look alright. Does anyone have them installed and if so, do they look good?