Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlights

test321

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s
Hello there
I have a very berlina and I'm wanting to change the front headlights to the same as the Calais projector headlights
Is this swap for a professional or is it a simple job?
Also is it a straight swap or is anything else needed?

Thanks for you help!

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I'm planning on upgrading my sv6 lights to the projector ss-v ones and have looked into how it's done, and it looks a pretty easy job. However, you do have to take the front bar off. Just a matter of unscrewing all the screws at the top, and undoing some scrivets I believe.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
I Changed my projector headlights to the DRLs the other day . It is a fiddly pain in the ass , you can do it without removing the whole bumper . 2 screws up the top holding the grille , 2 black clips in the wheel arch , and 2 nuts joining the bumper and fender . Once they are removed you can access the 2 lower bolts that are underneath the headlight , the other 2 are on the top . Should take you an hour and a bit depending on how fast you are

PS: If your after projectors im thinking of selling mine , pretty happy with the DLRs for now

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
If your going to put projectors lights in man, go and buy yourself some genuine ones as they will last a really long time before the plastic headlight cover starts to turn white like aftermarket calais projectors lights

Vudu VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Clubsport R8 317KW
Had an issue with the 08 Clubby I bought - shocking low beam lights
Made sence why when I looked at the bulbs though :-
attachment.php

Last edited:

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Definitely go with original holden projector headlamps, they may cost you more to start off with but they will last a lot longer than a majority of the aftermarkets. If you are buying second hand make sure you check the seals and see if there is any condensation or water in the headlight.