Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heat Stroke On VZ

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Well, not really, but the problem's at its worse in the heat.

I posted a month or so ago about my car having a BCM Issue. Well been to the dealer and back, they found no fault, so I was like, ok, whatevs.

Since then I've noticed that my radio and headlights only cut out when it gets a bit hot. And today, driving up to the City and back, the radio cut out like 10 times, either when winding the window down, changing gears, or sometimes when just accelerating.
As well as this, I had the ABS Fault light come up 4 times up and back, and my temp gauge sat at half and the line before half all day.

This only happens when its hot....prolly a coincidence, but I wanted to know if I'm alone in this, or if its happened to anyone else, and also if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

What I'm thinking now is whether it may have something to do with the Tune on my car, and whether that's throwing the ABS fault warning randomly or what not.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Did the issue happen before u had the tune?
It could be a small as a loose wire somewhere!

My car is always parked outside, so on hot days it cops the full force of the heat. Ive never had any electrical issues at all on hot days.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I think you need a new battery.

The ABS/SRS warnings are famous for coming on when the battery voltage is low, and hot weather will affect the output of the battery.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Did the issue happen before u had the tune?
It could be a small as a loose wire somewhere!

My car is always parked outside, so on hot days it cops the full force of the heat. Ive never had any electrical issues at all on hot days.

Yeah it only started to happen after the tune, and when I accidentally left my lights on at the shops and needed to jump it to get it started.
I got the dealerships to check the wiring and earthing, but they didnt find anything, neither did I when I checked too.

I'm not sure if its the coincidence with the heat, but it seems to happen a lot more in the heat.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
I think you need a new battery.

The ABS/SRS warnings are famous for coming on when the battery voltage is low, and hot weather will affect the output of the battery.

That could explain it. Battery's nearly 4 years old, never been changed.
I might take get it tested at work today see what they say.

FYI. The battery voltage on my system menu is at 12.4 before start, and then 14.2 after starting. I always thought that was what you would expect the battery voltage to be at.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
But even if I test the battery, that wouldnt explain why my radio still intermittently turns off? The wiring's been checked and all that, and it doesnt seem to fix the problem.

Does anyone know any electrical experts that can help, outside of Holden? Or would Phreddy have an idea or two about it? (I'm seeing him early Feb, to get my lights done...2 years after I first enquired!!! Can't wait)