Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello and Thoughts on VE SS upgrade options.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Do you mean the VF wheel well carpet? Apparently it fits, looking into it too.

I didn't even know the VF had one for the wheel well. Let me know what you find.
I just meant some sound proof carpet and cut it out. But VF would work way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Firstly, why a 2.5" exhaust over the 3"?

Because 3" catback is only for noise, until your induction is over 195 CFM as the slower velocity and temp / pressure drop toward the rear works against you on a 6.0 without increasing the volumetric flow of the engine's induction, and integrity of the valvetrain to reach higher rpm / hp.
You want induction flow and exhaust velocity, go for Pacemaker 1 3/4 as mentioned.

Secondly, I've looked up the Duspeed CAI and can't really find anything usefull on their website. Do you need to lean the radiator forward to install it and can I still use the MAF sensor?

Yes and yes, but a MAF tune with stock LS2 MAF will not likely get you into the hp realm where your 6.0 will benefit from a 3" exhaust (apart from the tough sound).

I would like to not have to sound proof my boot and backseat.

Do the soundproofing, it's easy and cheap if you spend hours at a sitting in the cabin, you'll soon appreciate 45-50db sound floor on the open road.

Last edited:

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
I went harrop 4 spotters and 355mm rotors all round , vcm otr vcm headers with cats 2.5" Manta Exhaust , T6060 Gbox . eton trutrac diff , willall racing tune , crane springs , and crane 1.8:1 roller rockers
makes great power.

PS I also put an ls3 in it.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Mmmm harrop brakes, I can only dream
At the moment

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Bit off topic, but if u like there is a group called "club ve Canberra" on Facebook, which is having a meet this Sunday. You should come along and you can see what other people have done.

SanchezCBR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Manual Sportswagon
Cool. Thanks Huthy14. I just joined.

If can make it on Sunday I will be there.

Getting back to OTR CAI. I am not sure about the idea of leaning the radiator forward. I understand it is legal in the ACT and NSW but my concern is with the possibility of over heating due to change in airflow through the radiator and weather air pockets could form in the radiator. I'm playing devils advocate here. Have of these things been full tested and addressed?

The Harrop stuff looked great but by golly it is expensive.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
The radiators lean backwards but only a little bit. Haven't heard or read of anybody having problems overheating with an otr fitted.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Never had an issue with the Duspeed OTR and radiator temps including a number of days this summer over 40 here in Syd. Also with the Duspeed the IAT sensor is moved up to the front of the intake with a supplied factory plugged patch harness so your computer is reading proper ambient temps within around 50m of driving off and therefore getting the air fuel ratios correct and making better power sooner where with the VCM OTR the IAT sensor is stuck back just infront of the MAF which is in front of the throttle body and suffers badly from heat soak and it takes that OTR a number of hundred meters to begin reading lower ambient temps therefore until then it throws more fuel in to compensate for the higher read temps and you make less power. Also with the Duspeed the panel (paper element) airfilter simply lifts out of the OTR with the removal of 2 screws. The VCM yoh have o pull apart to get to the filter and the VCM uses a K & N oil treated filter which i believe may be illegal in some states. For me there is only one choice.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
you can get a paper filter to suit the vcm otr now if you have worries about oil type filter for legalities but vcm is classed as enclosed so shouldn't be an issue, contact NAAF for exhaust you want go wrong, otr is you choice people have their favorites, if you can do brakes you can do it all yourself (except tune), otr $500, exhaust $1500, tune $1000, you wont be disappointed, dyno figures are just that it's how it drives afterwards that counts, leaning back the radiator about an inch, I have the above (different exhuast though) maf tune, vcm otr, throttle response is fantastic fuel usage down (factory tune known to be rich) temp issues (well i haven't seen any over the last 3 years) so with a bit of elbow grease you will save thousands $$$$$ and be very happy

SanchezCBR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Manual Sportswagon
Sounds good. I have sent NAAF a message.

I have been working on all my cars since I was about 15 and wanted to be a mechanic but things didn't go my way so like most people in Canberra I settled for a Public Service job because it paid me fairly well. So I am confident that I could do the exhaust myself as long as I can get enough clearnence to bolt it on without a hoist and I don't need to weld anything together.

Are there any photos of NAAF's products?