Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help 2000 Wh statesman super 6

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
yeah i think it went a bit too far for the chemi weld lol. anyways one head has been ripped out just got the 4 bolts on the other side to pull out tomorrow to get the second one out. and can i just say "driver's side exhaust bolts are a b*tch to pull out" $125 for sc heads sound like a good price if i can get some from somewhere, Thanks for asking around for me. i seen some going on ebay for $650 and then have to get them freighted up here. once we get the other head out, we'll take em down to get checked out and then go through pricing to get all the gaskets and all the nice stuff and then might get the mechanic to put it all back together. anyways i'll keep you updated with what i'm up to. Thanks for your help tho much appreciated

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Mate you're right up there with the Olympic champs,good on you.With the heads off you'll know for sure what the damage is.I for one am really pleased that you're not wrecking your car.Sure we need parts but I'd rather see them come from a genuine wreck not just a car with a mechanical problem.Your Statesman may one day be a car that guys will comb the countryside for.I'll go down to see Greg at BiRite wreckers tomorrow morning to ask him to make a special effort to locate a pair of heads so it might be worthwhile hanging off spending $650 for half a day till I post an update for you.Again mate,great decision.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
yeah i think it went a bit too far for the chemi weld lol. anyways one head has been ripped out just got the 4 bolts on the other side to pull out tomorrow to get the second one out.

So whats the verdict now that its all apart? Is the head cracked or is it the head gasket?

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
We've stalled at the moment lol one head is still in the car pretty sure the heads are f**ked tho it's a good sign when you pull out the head bolts and coolant comes pouring out. Its a huge job trying to put the car back together and sort all the **** out, a job we don't know If it's worth it or not, we have a guy coming to look at the car as is tomorrow so we'll see what the offer is who knows I might just end up wrecking it lol I'm so undecided but hey that's females for ya lmao

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
Does any1 know how do the mechanics get the coolant out of the bottom of the block

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Check out a thread in the VY forum re replacing head gaskets.Very good thread, only posted in the last day or so.Keep us posted (I'm sure you will).I spoke to one of the guys at Buy Rite who said that heads for your car are a bit hard to come by but when you know what you're doing for sure they would follow it up with more purpose.Good luck.

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
alrighty fellas both heads are out and on the way to the mechanics woohoo!!!! as always two head bolts were being a pain in the arse, thanks to grandpoppy for gettin them lil buggers out... we'll find out soon whats wrong with them