Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP: Few Issues with my VY SS LS1

boucks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
yeah i idle is fine mines the same on like 10 degree mornings, as for the coolant maybe a blocked radiator or heater core

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Bit of a delayed reply here - thanks for the responses.

As for the coolant leak, needed a new water pump and heater tap while I was at it.. oh the fun of fitting water pumps :p

Still not much luck with the high idle yet, it really makes the exhaust sound like shiiiiit! Whole motor just doesn't sound right.. Was going to go out and get a new TPS and IAC to elimiate that possibility, do they tend to crap themselves fairly often?

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hmm, used to idle lower though thats all. But yeah if thats how everyone else is idling, I guess nothing to get too worked up about?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Yeah mine idles at about 1200 from start up and drops down from there over the next 20 to 30 seconds or so. Also running an after market exhaust system....either a 2.5 or 3 inch. Don't know which at this stage. Didn't know my car had one until i had on a dyno recently.