Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help for performance upgrades on VZ alloytec 175

LeighDanker

VZ Accliam on 19' VE GTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
G'day alll,

I know there are many alike threads here but I'm pretty much a noob at all this. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't exactly make sense to me. So I thought I'd just make my own thread and get feedback direct to myself. :)

I'm wanting to achieve 190kw and over.. I've been thinking about getting an exhaust system, extractors, doing the two hole mod on the airbox, and also reprogramming the chip.

A mechanic mate of mine said that the 175 and 190 engines are virtually the same and both limited by the chip. If this is true could I not get the chip replaced with one from a 190 engine? Or as my mate has said, you can push it further than the 190 by altering the chips data? He has a mate that does it and is going to ask him soon but I figured I'd see what you all know about that here and what I could achieve from just this alone?

I WILL be doing the two hole mod as its pretty much free.. haha, with that though how much performance gain do you achieve?

What are the best things for me to do to get up to 190 and over? Cash is obviously a big factor so the cheaper options the better but all types of feedback would be greatly appreciated. A big focus is to find out more about the whole chip thing, so info on that would be grouse!

Thank you for reading and hope some can be bothered helping me out. :)

Cheers,

Leigh

LeighDanker

VZ Accliam on 19' VE GTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Surely someone can give some advice?

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
there is a mail order tune available on ebay

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
nah, you just send them you ecu and they do all the work :)

ss905l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS 6 speed, VE SSV 6speed
what sort of warranty are you hoping for? lol all tuners give warranty on chips that dont work etc, not engine or car damage.