Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help how to make a 5lt louder

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Illegal mods... Haha.
You might have a lazy $10K for the EPA fine but I know I don't. Also quicker then most 8's, what power and torque are you making?

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
You might have a lazy $10K for the EPA fine but I know I don't. Also quicker then most 8's, what power and torque are you making?

Got no idea, but most of the 5ltrs ive run i have beat.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
You dont get a $10K fine. well not the 1st time you get caught anyway. just a warning. Well here anyway.

vq~gangsta

Resident science geek
Reaction score
Website
www.mbs.adelaide.edu.au
Members Ride
VE 3.0 SIDI ex-cop
I hate to sound like a greeny, but the cat is there for a reason. It's bad enough that we all drive cars that emmit more greehouse gasses than all the trees on the surface of the planet are capable of breaking down, there's no reason to go converting your car into an acid rain factory by removing the cat.

Anyway, i've seen in car mags before that hollowed out cats cause a loss in performance (reduce the back pressure too much), and the difference between a stock V8 cat and a 'high performance' cat is only about 1% power.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The V8 cat and V6 cat are the same and in the old days when my car was slow I ran a 14.6 1/4 mile with a open cat, put a proper one on and ran 14.7 and it may have still had a 14.6 in it on a better run. So there's no excuse to not run a working cat on a near stock 5 litre

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
Coz my 6 is quicker than most 8's...

do you want to throw down the slips for your car to prove to me that your 6 is quicker than my 8??????
if youd like ill give you a chance and run it on gas. heheheheh

people who brag about there car being better than it really is with out any proof to back it up really drive me nuts.

were the people driving the V8's old??? or sensible drivers who dont need to drag off every one at every set of lights???

ok ive had my 2 cents. back too the exaust

i will agree that twin cats will make a difference in noise, there also good for a better flow

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
its kinda obvious that your car has the potential to be faster than mine.
well will have to see when its up and running

m62vpute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP MANUAL S/C 3.8 UTE
I know this is off topic but I would like to have a crack at both of you and i run a 3800