Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help installing stock Blaupunkt into Monaro

timothy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II SS
Hi guys,

Just bought a Monaro today and trying to re-install the stock headunit which was provided with the car.

I've come across a problem, on the back of the head unit it's got those three big plugs (circled in green below) which is all good, but I'm confused for the other two plugs (circled in red) which I'm assuming has something to do with the antenna?

IMG_4072.jpg

Can someone please explain what each plug is and why there are two? Also how do I know which cable goes to each plug?

Thanks

P.S. In case anybody wanted to know, this is what it looks like from the front.
IMG_4074.jpg

Last edited:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
They're the antenna plugs - higher level Holdens, such as the Monaro, Statesman/Caprice, Calais, etc have a diversity antenna (built into the rear window) in addition to the main antenna. So long as the previous owner hasn't dicked with the wiring both plugs should be behind the head unit.

galerod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S/C Calais
Connection of VY Calais Diversity Antenna to aftermarket Head Unit

I have one further question, if this thread hasn't died. I have a Calais with the two Diversity antennas and I want to use them for a standard antenna, as I have replaced the Blauplunkt Head Unit with a standard aftermarket connection that looks like this one here:
IMG_3012.jpg
Is it possible to use the diversity? Or is this one dead in the water?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Dead in the water sorry brother. Aftermarket headunits don't have the capacity to swing between the two antennas. As a general rule of thumb though, newer units have a better FM tuner than the standard unit so you won't notice a drop in performance. AM on may be a different story though.