Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me kill things (wasps mostly)

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i just came home and when i was about to head through the door a reasonably big european wasp flew by me and into a small gap between the wooden doorframe and the brick of the house.
so it seems there's a nest of the bastards in there.

not really sure what to do, i could go the cheapo route and get some mortein and spray it in there but i suspect this would see me getting stung a billion times and dying like that macauly culkin wuss in my girl.

could also get some sikaflex and seal it up, but the gap stretches round a fair way, so it'd be a bit of work, and i don't want to send them into the walls cos they might come into the internal areas of the house, or up into the roof.

anyone got any ideas, or better yet used an exterminator? what do they cost?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Burn the house down = no more wasp nest.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Do you know where the wasp's nest is? Can you get to it? You can buy stuff from Bunnings that comes in a pressure pack that you simply spray into the entrance of the nest. Best to do it at dusk when the nest isn't active.
I had 2 just recently but because I have an anaphylactic reaction to their bites, I wimped out and got an exterminator. Cost $150 from memory.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Just twist up some news paper, light it up and smoke the bastards out.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
haha we always use the cheap export degreaser as when you spray them they fall to teh ground and die (usually....lol) as i have found mortein etc they still fly around for ages and get real ****ed but with the degreaser it works allot better.

other then that mortein etc or as CSP said BURN it down...no more wasps.....but one angry landlord :D

Cordelia calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VY Acclaim
Find out where the nest is and if it is in the ground then pour a whole heap of sump oil in it or if it is up higher get the wasp powder from Bunnings, whatever you do don't pour petrol down a hole and light it as wasp nests have tunnels like ants and you will end up blowing a huge hole and wasps everywhere!!!

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i use a product called coopex. its about $11 at my local hardware place. its a powder that you mix with water. it will kill all types of insects within 15 mins of contact.
if you dont own a spray bottle you can simply mix it in a bucket and tip it around. it lasts about a fortnight if it doesnt rain.
if you have dogs you cant use it where they may lick it etc.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Some of the powders are good. You leave them around the nest at night, and then the next day the workers introduce it into the colony and they die out :)