Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please! VE Calais V - parking sensors not working

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hey everyone,

So my parking sensors started just making one long beep in reverse. Would be okay and work as normal once car was turned off. Jumped in one day and parking sensors have stopped. Tried pressing the park assist button but just flashes a few times. No beeps or anything. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Alternatively how hard is it to get the front bumper off the car cos im hoping its caused by one of the sensors not sitting in its holder properly the front centre on the right or if theres any way to get into the sensors without having to do so if i can somehow suction it to pull back to the front of the bumper. At a loss here, been quoted $330 just for them to have the bumper removed and to pop it back in without any testing etc and I dont feel thats worth it. Pm or comment here please

Many thanks

Last edited:

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Thanks! Attempted half of the video, got the grill off. Almost got my hand completely behind the sensor. Gonna have to attempt the entire bumper tomorrow

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
If its like mine two failed pretty much at the same time.
Leave the car in reverse with the ignition turned on , disconnect each one at a time until you find the dud.
I was really really lucky as the guy who works at my local autobahn had a few used ones spares and swapped them for free
Just had to spray paint it to match the bumper .

Yonnee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 6.0L
I hit a couple of sparrows a while ago and one popped the front passenger's sensor back on mine, and the whole system went nuts, then stopped working.
I got to mine by removing the inner wheel well splash guard and snapped it back into place. After about 1/2 a day, the system reset itself and has worked perfectly ever since.

Hope this helps.

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Thank you. Ill attempt tomorrow, otherwise going to have to pay through the nose to get it looked at and fixed

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Thank you for all your help guys! My friend and i took off the bumper today. One sensor was badly damaged and snapped and the rubber was split. Bought one from holden and replaced it. All back to normal and working !! Would post a photo but it wont let me. so happy!