Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP Please- What is this? It’s leaking pink kind of oil and temp is hotter than normal.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Sounds ok.

Any mobile mechanic will be able to perform the task. It won’t be specific to Holden. It’s a simple one for them.

NicoleVZ06UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ My06 UTE
Sounds ok.

Any mobile mechanic will be able to perform the task. It won’t be specific to Holden. It’s a simple one for them.
Yeah it’s not Holden specific but hey that’s how it goes these days and they getting hard to get unless second hand or aftermarket and that’s what Col from parts said- Any mechanic should know how to fit it to existing brackets.

NicoleVZ06UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ My06 UTE
from this thread https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-to-replace-power-steering-cooler.194389/
20230505_163107-jpg.251991
20230517_165402-jpg.251992
Wow thanks yeah is that an after market power steering cooler or transmission cooler?? I’m getting a transmission cooler as it used to be a transmission cooler but now identifies as a power steering cooler …. Or that’s what going to happen anyway if I have a say .
It’s what Holden said to do‍♀️.

NicoleVZ06UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ My06 UTE
This bloke is a one man band wrecker in Nambour and has a number of VZ's.
I believe he is also a mobile mechanic.

His name is Chris Finney for memory.
Might be worth a call.
I have bought off him over the years but never had him do mechanical work.

One way to repair it ( temporary) is to cut a small piece of push bike inner tube or similar and place it over the rust hole then hold it in place clamped with a small utilux style clamp.
Fiddly but works for me on pressure water pipes in the home.

I am sure you aware it will keep leaking fluid until the power steer stops working then real trouble

Good luck with your husband, hope all goes well and he is home soon.
View attachment 266412
Hey do you think it’s ok to drive it without any power steering just from out the back to out the front as mechanics need it on concrete level surface and the best place is out front but I came home at night so parked it out the back?. Will just be hard to steer hey but I’m not going to damage anything real bad in the 25 reverse and 15m forwards?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hey do you think it’s ok to drive it without any power steering just from out the back to out the front as mechanics need it on concrete level surface and the best place is out front but I came home at night so parked it out the back?. Will just be hard to steer hey but I’m not going to damage anything real bad in the 25 reverse and 15m forwards?
You will have trouble moving it without power steer so
when the mechanic gets there tell him to put power steer fluid in it then move it himself.
If he does not want to do that simply say thanks for coming round, I will have to get someone else.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
FWIW I did ask what area of the coast you are located because I am happy to come and bypass the cooler for you as a temporary measure if you are not far away or bring the car to me at Alex Headland where I have tools and ramps.
Also FWIW I am not an axe murderer, I am 75 and I would bring my partner (female) with me and she is 74.:)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd prefer not to run the pump without fluid as you risk damage. I'd be more inclined to take off the serpentine belt, running the engine a short time with no belt won't hurt anything.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
edit to #26
Just noticed you are at Beerwah , not all that far I guess, but I see you have someone coming to attend to it so hope it goes well but if not PM me and I will get in contact.
Hope all is going well for your husband.

NicoleVZ06UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ My06 UTE
You will have trouble moving it without power steer so
when the mechanic gets there tell him to put power steer fluid in it then move it himself.
If he does not want to do that simply say thanks for coming round, I will have to get someone else.
Luckily It moved fine just a little whiney like my 2yo . Pretty good considering the power steering reservoir is empty. Barely had to use steering tho to get where I wanted it. A bit like reversing out of next doors driveway and backing up mine scenario. I don’t have the luxury atm of being selective with mechanics unfortunately but he won’t need to know that.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Let us know how it goes.