Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Thermy Fans Dont Come On Automaticaly

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Dam seems like a few people are havin the same problem as me. Hate to hijack the thread but yeah, i changed my thermostat today flushed the system and then went to bleed it. Went for a drive and the car was still running really hot, got home checked the fans, not going on even when the car is 3/4 and beyond. Turn the aircon on and alas, fan not comming on.

So im pretty much scared to drive my car right now because a 10-15 min drive equals 3/4 and above heat from the temp guage.

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
It seems to be a very common problem on the VS, hey i even replaced the thermo as soon as i found the issue when i bought the car. Surely there has to be an easy fix?

Beny

Reaction score
Website
s654.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VS Commy V6
Yeah well my fans work but dont turn there selfs on and ive checked the sensors and wiring so i think its time i take it to an expert ill do that soon and let every 1 wot this common prob we all share turns out to be i think it might be the computer but not totaly sure ene ways let me know if any1 fixes this ***er of a problem

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
^^ Be sure to let us know the outcome.

I'm in the same boat, they work but do not turn on automatically

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
Had similar probs and replaced about 4 relays and a new battery to make sure..(the old one was dry when i brought it)...anyway it cuts in around 3/4 and seems to have corrected whatever was wrong...p.s. relay's are cheap to replace and it seems the old ones worked 95% of the time ...it was the 5% of the time that annoyed me...so far ive done about 4500 kays in heat with air on and off and all is good...good luck.

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
Under bonnet relays or fuseable links found near the fan connector plugs?

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
change the under bonnet relay.