Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! Vz SS Taillights.

mitchvz1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I bought some second hand vz ss (sedan) taillights on eBay which were described as very good condition but when i received them the separate lens inside is loose and rattling around as one of the small clips is broken. It's pretty hard to explain but its sort of shaped like a bowl and it goes over the stop light globe and has the round reflector in the middle. Wondering if anyone has come across the same problem. I wanna try avoid opening the light otherwise ill break the seal and water could get in. Only thing i could think of is try superglue it through the hole in the back where the globe goes. Ideas?

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Don't try super glue if ya have to try pulling apart warm up with air heat gun it may come apart and to answer ya question yer it common iv gotten new ones out of the box from Holden and they done it

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Urethane is your best friend!

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Yer urethane is good but will have to clean the sealer they use from factory off first

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Just like normal old silicon in a tube but better you can get it from any hardware store sikaflex is what it's called it single pak so no mixing just straight out of tube

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
And get the black it comes in few colours

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
And one more thing heat the base of tail light not lens it will ruin it. Keep eye on plastic if it start to get wet looking it getting to hot and will deform