Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with disassembly of VE Sportwagon tailgate trim

rustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sportswagon
Hi Folks,

This is my very first thread as i'm new to this forum. I've got a 2009 Series 1 - SS Sportswagon that I need some help with.
Could someone please explain (possibly with pictures as an indication) of how to remove the rear tailgate interior trim.

I have run a few cables till the tail for my in-car crash cam and I want to install the rear camera just under the centre tall light but from the inside as that camera isn't weatherproof.
I'm attaching 2 images for reference purpose only of the highlighted area I'm after.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Drive safe folks!
ss tail2.JPGss tail1.JPG

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Edit just looked at the pics, you want to remove the rearmost plastic section of the roof lining and the upper rear door trim?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If it's anything like previous models, get a wide (thin) blade and gently (GENTLY) work around the edge of the carpet (between metal and carpet) and lift. You will probably find that the carpet/cardboard is held in place with press/plastic clips something like in the photo:

trimclips_1_zpsa6f0aacb.jpg

rustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sportswagon
yes ricey!!, any idea what panel to remove first and where to start from and work around?? I don't want to pull something apart only to realise i broke it and could have been easier to just disassemble the surrounding bit first.
thanks benboy for your tip, i'll keep an eye out for such clips but i dont wanna cut/break anything at the moment.

awaiting your reply ricey! :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Plastic roof trim should just unclip, Ive done a few cargo barriers which required removing this but it was a while ago. Chances are they havent changed, if you cant see any screws then just pull downward working your way along to avoid cracking the trim. Release each clip at a time.

As for the rear door Ive only ever removed the lower section and cant find instructions for the upper section in the Holden manual. Again scan for any screws, if there arent any chances are it simply unclips. Again work your way around the trim rather than pulling the whole thing at once.