Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with price for selling VT

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
You will get dreamers trying to offer you a fraction of its value once you list it online, just tell them where to go. I sold a VR a few years ago (very rough, 400k) and I had several offers between $500-$1500. Sold it for $2.5k.

My brother just sold a VE SV6 and he advertised $23k willing to negotiate, and the lowest offer he got was $12k but he got heaps around $15k-17k. Ended up selling it for $21k. You'll get messages every day with stupid offers but if you hold out for the right buyer you'll get a fair price

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hey guys, I'm planning on selling my vt and getting a ve. Just hoping you guys could give me an idea on how much i should ask for it.

Its

1998 vt debadged s series 1 auto, 275,000 kms. Everything is in great condition.

mods include:

stereo
alpine head unit, infinity 6 1/2 splits, infinity 6x9's, kenwood 4 channel amp, kicker mono block amp and polk audio 12" sub.

lowered on kings lows in the fron and super lows in the rear with kyb shortened shox and a camber kit in the rear.
has midnight express tint from tint a car, black altezza head lights, monaro tail lights, 18" xhp wheels, hayman reese towbar, clear side indicators, vx rear garnish and chrome grille.

I was thinking of listing it for $6000 and aiming to get around $5,500 for it. Are my hopes to high or do you think thats fair?

Cheers guys.

DaZ

never know your luck mate...like this bloke trying to flog off a 1998 s1 SS for twenty grand now THAT is ridiculous...:lmao:

1998 HOLDEN COMMODORE SS VT Sedan Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
i bought my superchargered vx with 12 months rego 1 yrs warranty with only 119,***ks on the clock for $5,500.... i would suspect around the 2.5k - 3k if your lucky

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Depends if you are planning on selling it with rego and a safety certificate. Unreg they go for 1k if you're lucky. Registered you'd be looking at 3k tops.

5.5k is wayyyy too much for a VT. Thats more VT/X SS prices.

vxs93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX s-pac manual
judging by the photos the car looks to be in great condition and it looks pretty sweet with the mods you have done to it, however the kms are just too high for the price you are asking for. if i were you i would remove the aftermarket soundsystem and put the original one back in, having an aftermarket sound system for your car wont increase the value much. i would try my luck and ask for around $5000.

lol at the guy trying to sell his vtss for nearly 20g that made me laugh

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Depends if you are planning on selling it with rego and a safety certificate. Unreg they go for 1k if you're lucky. Registered you'd be looking at 3k tops.

5.5k is wayyyy too much for a VT. Thats more VT/X SS prices.

Dreaming. My brother recently sold his trashed VS pov pack with No Reg 300,000ks, massive oil and coolant leaks and a stuffed auto for $1250.

This VT looks very straight. He'll get more than that.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Dreaming. My brother recently sold his trashed VS pov pack with No Reg 300,000ks, massive oil and coolant leaks and a stuffed auto for $1250.

This VT looks very straight. He'll get more than that.

South Australia? Cos I can assure you no one would bother with that in the ACT or NSW, it's be a $200 donor at best.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
^^No, in Vic. There are always people around looking for a cheap runabout and commodores are easy and economical to fix up.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
I bought my VT Exec in August 2012 with 213,XXX on the clock for $2,900. It came with rego and a couple of things to fix and was an average price according to Gumtree listings and CarSales. There's no reason to say why your car is worth any more especially with the k's on it. You might make $500 more if you're lucky. But like others have said, if you wait for the right buyer...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
^^No, in Vic. There are always people around looking for a cheap runabout and commodores are easy and economical to fix up.

How is $1250 cheap when you need a reco trans, god knows what else to plug up oil and coolant leaks among a myriad of other (trashed related) things to get a RWC? I spent $750 more than that and got the sweetest, lowest km VPII I've ever seen in the last decade (aside on here), with 12 months rego and RWC. It's now had 50k added to its purchased 130k and the only thing it's cost in that time is fuel, oil and filters (tyres due soon).

Victoria is easily as stringent on RWC as NSW and ACT, your brother is either a stand over man or hypnotist, surely.