Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Get a container under the drain plug and recover the new coolant. Just use it again.
Thanks for your help, I will check everything out first thing tomorrow, I was quoted 2500 by lube mobil to replace the thermostat in the calias I traded for this one. So I will have to try this one myself. It seyo e thing
Get a container under the drain plug and recover the new coolant. Just use it again.
Thanks for all your info, I will check it out first thing tomorrow, I was quoted 2500 by lube mobil for a thermostat replacement on the 2007 ve Calais I traded for this one and now this. I could put my hand in a bucket of gold and pull out a handful of **** the way my lucks going, I really appreciate your time and advice, thankyou very much

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@krusing bloody loves doing thermostat’s. He goes around knocking on peoples doors asking to do them. They have started calling the PoPo on him.

$2000 for a thermostat?
castle-tell-him-hes-dreaming.gif

Couldn’t be worth more than $700.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
@Fu Manchu knows everything there is on a VE V6. I suspect you might need a new heater core as well and Fu is the man who can replace them while blindfolded.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
@krusing bloody loves doing thermostat’s. He goes around knocking on peoples doors asking to do them. They have started calling the PoPo on him.

$2000 for a thermostat?
castle-tell-him-hes-dreaming.gif

Couldn’t be worth more than $700.
I'm still waiting for @krusing to pop around and change my VE brake shoes. Apparently he loves doing those too.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I'm still waiting for @krusing to pop around and change my VE brake shoes. Apparently he loves doing those too.
That’s $3,000 apparently
:D
They are easier than chains !

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahahaha :p

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Thanks for your help, I will check everything out first thing tomorrow, I was quoted 2500 by lube mobil to replace the thermostat in the calias I traded for this one. So I will have to try this one myself. It seyo e thing

Thanks for all your info, I will check it out first thing tomorrow, I was quoted 2500 by lube mobil for a thermostat replacement on the 2007 ve Calais I traded for this one and now this. I could put my hand in a bucket of gold and pull out a handful of **** the way my lucks going, I really appreciate your time and advice, thankyou very much

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Hi,
Is it possible for the coolant to leak where the filler neck joins the motor, I've been able to have a quick look between rain showers and I think it might be coming from around that area and going along the top of the engine between the rocker covers towards the back and onto where the thermostat is, there's also coolant on the front of the engine above the the water pump, is the filler neck held on with bolts and a gasket ?,
Any advice would be very much appreciated,
Thankyou