Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey From Diggers Rest

mtautospares

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon
Hi all! My name is Matt, I'm planning on launching a wrecking/spare parts business from early 2024, just would like to introduce myself. As a passionate car guy, there's nothing worse than needing a part for your car, scouring all over the place to find a wrecker or salvage yard and then wait for days or sometimes weeks on end for them to get back to you. Being a consumer of this industry, I want to fix a lot of the issues that I've encountered such as slow shipping times, owners taking FOREVER to reply to messages and inquries and most of all - fair pricing. I live in a place north-west of Melbourne's CBD called Diggers Rest. I'll be floating around and browsing but I'll pop up occasionally if I feel I have some good parts to offer you guys, anyhow, nice to meet you all!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If you wish to advertise on the forum please contact @Darren, forum administrator.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi all! My name is Matt, I'm planning on launching a wrecking/spare parts business from early 2024, just would like to introduce myself. As a passionate car guy, there's nothing worse than needing a part for your car, scouring all over the place to find a wrecker or salvage yard and then wait for days or sometimes weeks on end for them to get back to you. Being a consumer of this industry, I want to fix a lot of the issues that I've encountered such as slow shipping times, owners taking FOREVER to reply to messages and inquries and most of all - fair pricing. I live in a place north-west of Melbourne's CBD called Diggers Rest. I'll be floating around and browsing but I'll pop up occasionally if I feel I have some good parts to offer you guys, anyhow, nice to meet you all!
It would be handy having a wreckers in the area.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Sunbury will be good for business.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Supply is one thing...Over priced stuff is another...

Will see which way you go

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Apparently there are some very good business opportunities for used car parts around the Launceston area in Tassie. :cool:
Plenty of good business opportunities for used car parts all over the country....The pricing is the catch...

Reactions: Lex

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Ive gone into subaru, vw and citreons now to hard to deal with ford and holden owners

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Supply is one thing...Over priced stuff is another...

Will see which way you go
business overheads are not all the same for specialty wreckers vs big multis vs someone stripping cars in the backyard. Pricing differs.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
business overheads are not all the same for specialty wreckers vs big multis vs someone stripping cars in the backyard. Pricing differs.

I paid $30 for a VR/VS hazard light switch only a month ago through a small wrecker down south.....

An XD disc braked diff, minus the calipers $200....Was used for the centre and the centre had no slack in it...Got that about 3 months ago

VS guard indicators $20 ea...U=pull it wanted $35 ea

I've dealt with him for about 3 years and always found his prices good

Last edited: