Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey guys! XForce exhaust 3" catsback for VE?? Confused :S

LILMISS6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
6L VE Calais
Hey guys! I've got a 2008 VE Calais and it's V8 I'm looking at getting an Xforce 3" catsback exhaust I don't know too much about them, any help or advice is much appreciated :)

Chloe :) !

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I've been reading through some posts on here. Alot of people are saying there isnt to much of a need for 3 inch even on a V8. Unless your car has some pretty big mods there isnt buch reason to. I've got a 2.5 inch on my V6 and thats abit to big for mine. In my opinion go 2.5 stainless steel catback and change the cats and extractors if you have the money.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Difference between 2.5 and 3" will be the note and volume.. 2.5 is alot quieter.. 3" is just awesome!! 3" full system with the xforce catback.. Positively screams when you boot it.. Sounds awesome!!

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Xforce is **** and will drone on an auto.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey guys! I've got a 2008 VE Calais and it's V8 I'm looking at getting an Xforce 3" catsback exhaust I don't know too much about them, any help or advice is much appreciated :)

Chloe :) !

Hey mate, also depends if ur going to do alot of motor work ect in the future id prob go the 3" not xforce tho its known to droan and my mates ones sound tinny and wayy to loud, im not a fan of them

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
The fellas above are right.. Xforce does drone.. Mine drones but it's not horrible. But considering the full system cost under 1250 to buy I ain't complaining..
Even the exhaust shop you fit it all up were impressed by the sound it made..
I'm not planning huge future engine mods or anything.. I heard the xforce 3" and likes it so I bought it..

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
If I get a catback exhaust, it will be a KPM. A factor in this is that I don't want something made in China.... Plus the KPM's seem to have much less of an issue when it comes to drone. Having said that, I have a manual so that helps me a bit...

A big thing people comment on is drone on an AFM V8.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Any aftermarket exhaust will drone on the AFM engines.. That's accepted.. Get a tune and get AFM disabled.. Next to no difference in fuel economy on the highway here.

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
The fellas above are right.. Xforce does drone.. Mine drones but it's not horrible. But considering the full system cost under 1250 to buy I ain't complaining..
Even the exhaust shop you fit it all up were impressed by the sound it made..
I'm not planning huge future engine mods or anything.. I heard the xforce 3" and likes it so I bought it..
Not sure if my 3" xforce system droned before (atleast I never noticed it) but since changing the diff (3.45 gears), the drone is now horrendous especially on the highway! Think I will be looking into a new manta system!

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Some people think xforce is ****, some people think they are fine for the price , & some people have to justify the
ridiculous amount of $$$$ they paid for a cat-back by bagging xforce at every opportunity.....
I have a Calais V with a Harrop Intake, 2 1/2 Xforce cat-back & a tune and it sounds great.
It had been fitted to the car by the previous owner & if it sounded crap i would change it, but it doesnt.
My mate reckons it sounds better than his 3" cat back system in a manual.
If you want a louder system, then go the 3".