Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey Hey It's Saturday 'Black' Red Faces - Racist?

Was the skit racist?

• Yes

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • No

Votes: 155 93.4%

• Total voters

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Just watched the reunion repeat, as I missed both episodes.. Red faces, they cut that skit out of it.. Must have caused a scene.. They went from act one to add break.. To act 3

I think you missed one then, I saw 3 acts, none were the black faces tho......

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
Yeah there's normally 4 acts. After the first one before the add he said 'were half way through red faces, we'll be right back'.. Which means we missed one..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Oh haha, i was going by the outro that had 'act 1 2 3'

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
What a big load of garbage. People take life WAY too seriously these days. This wouldn't have spiked controversy if it was back in the good old 90s. Oh how BS society is these days

yeah man. I'll go back to the 70's with a show called 'love thy neighbour' where the white man called his black neighbour '******' and the black man called the white man 'honky'.

Everyone laughed it was all in fun and nobody got hurt.

Compare that to the bullets and ammo from the yanks and no ****er laughs when they're around.

Very sad 'race' (type, style, kind)indeed.

oh, and please spare me retorts :p :bow:

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
Nah im pretty sure there's 4 acts in a show.. Well it was ment to be the 2nd show about the 'black' joke (don't ban me) so I presume it was this one and I never saw it..

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
So i would imagine a KKK act would not go down well either :D

mz81vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec.
I didn't watch the show, it didn't interest me. But 'blackface' is racist. Doesn't anyone know the history of the blackface minstrel shows? Thats why golliwogs are now considered offensive. But like i said i didn't see the show so i can't comment on that, but yep blackface is offensive and i think anyone that would do it now is an insensitive idiot.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I didn't watch the show, it didn't interest me. But 'blackface' is racist. Doesn't anyone know the history of the blackface minstrel shows? Thats why golliwogs are now considered offensive. But like i said i didn't see the show so i can't comment on that, but yep blackface is offensive and i think anyone that would do it now is an insensitive idiot.

Anything can be racist. It's all in the intent. Calling someone black is not racist. Calling some black as an insult, is.

Using a word that at some point has been considered to be racist, is not racist in itself. Like I said, it's all in the intent behind the word.

Calling someone a 'blackface' could very easily be a way of distinguishing them between a caucasian person, yes. But that's not racist. It would appear that the definition of 'racist' and 'racism' has become muddied to the point where being able to tell the difference between skin colours is included. Idiots think that by distinguishing black people from white, you're being racist. You are not. You are simply making an observation that one person is black, and one person is not. Again, it all comes down to intent; if the observation is made out of accuracy, it's not racist. If it's made in order to put one person down below the other, then it is.

No word in the english language, or any other language, is racist. It is the intent behind it which is sometimes racist. Racism can not be labeled as a word. Racism is the unfair or undeserved varying treatment or opinion of two races because of a factor unrelated to the situation at hand.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^^ :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It's not the word but how you use it basically and the meaning you put behind it.