Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID headlights

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
I see, well i still dont think it should apply to high beams on how bright they are because your not supposed to use them (to put it simply) when anyones around...

*Sounds like whatever you do to your car is going to be illegal anyway so why try..? lol

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
what part of stay on topic didnt you guys understand, he wasn't asking about the legality of them or for a list of Australias ADR's....

How often do you drive with your foggies on marksy, if always id probably get some whiter globes if only occasionally probably not worth the effort. Just get some narva +50s or phillips blue vision globes for the foggies.

S

StealthCalais

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1161554-post24.html

Have a look at my post, when I got my HID's... got all the info on there.

Colour temperature wise... I went 6000K, I reckon thats the perfect number! Anything lower down the spectrum (eg 5300K or whatever it is seems to be yellow still) and higher (eg 8000K and it just looks stupid and loses brightness). The photos are fairly accurate of what the colour looks like, though I'd say they have a bit more white in them in reality (as they look quite blue in the pics).

Also... SMD LED's for the foggies are an option thats what I got. If you want them purely for looks (they dont actually light up the ground, just look good, and arnt dazzling as some fog/driving lights). Otherwise get a set of those Philips blue vision or crystal vision (or whatever they are called) to match - I might look into getting a set for the foggies.

Hope it helps

2006VZSTORM!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
will have a look thanks and ADR's are there Traffic cops will stop you just depends on how bothered they are by it hahahaha

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
a little off topic but I just purchased a set of H1 and H4 Philips X-treme power globes and they are fantastic, the best light globe I have ever used. Low beam is bright and has a perfect cut-off line, and high beam is like having a set of spotties on the front. I bought them from
www.powerbulbs.com
UK company, arrived in 5 days. Guys are trying to flog them on Ebay for $63 a set. I got the two sets and a free set of parkers AND free delivery for $80.
I know its off topic but I would say these are the cheapest way to get a great light output

toey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Really sorry if this is off topic, but I've been interested in getting HID lights for a while now, but know nothing about it (as usual), so just have a few questions.

1. How do I install them? (I have a VZ)
2. If I get HID for my headlights, then do I have to get an even higher watts for my high beam? Or does it all come in one pack?

2006VZSTORM!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
i think there is a post on it somewhere in the DIY section ( i can never find haha) But im sure there will be someone come in here and tell you how. im not too sure either.

But im sure the high beams come with it as a pack

S

StealthCalais

Really sorry if this is off topic, but I've been interested in getting HID lights for a while now, but know nothing about it (as usual), so just have a few questions.

1. How do I install them? (I have a VZ)
2. If I get HID for my headlights, then do I have to get an even higher watts for my high beam? Or does it all come in one pack?

1. Not sure about the executives... but theres two 'caps' on the back of my headlight housing - to enable you to get to the bulb. What I did is drill a hole through the middle of the plastic to get the cables through. You then have to connect everything up - intructiones usally come with the kit. Find a place to mount/store the ballast. Then your good to go. But this will take 40 mins to an hour.

2. Usually the HID kit is only for one set of lights - ie you buy a kit for the low beams (H11 bulbs) If you want a set for high beams youll have to get another set - wattage and colour temp will all be the same you just need a different bulb - (H9 bulbs).

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
1. Not sure about the executives... but theres two 'caps' on the back of my headlight housing - to enable you to get to the bulb. What I did is drill a hole through the middle of the plastic to get the cables through. You then have to connect everything up - intructiones usally come with the kit. Find a place to mount/store the ballast. Then your good to go. But this will take 40 mins to an hour.

2. Usually the HID kit is only for one set of lights - ie you buy a kit for the low beams (H11 bulbs) If you want a set for high beams youll have to get another set - wattage and colour temp will all be the same you just need a different bulb - (H9 bulbs).

In the case of an executive with calais/ss/hsv headlights...will buying a H4 (Hi/lo) kit solve the problem of having the parkers or main light turn off when high beam is turned on?... :S