Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Hidden twin turbo setup on 215i Grange?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Then look at your cam choice.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
lol, you cant trust me when i tell you tat turbos DO-NOT get good fuel economy... evo6's are a 2ltr 4 cylinder and they use a crap load more fuel than my 5lt for around the same horsepower.

were not having a go at u bro, mereley pointing out that itll be really difficult to get them under the car. bombodore has given you the right direction to go, otherwise if you go another path, be ready for a lot of cutting or floorpans and inner wheel guards.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
well, i guess nothing's impossible really. it would just take shitloads of work and be extremely expensive. you can have this type of setup on your car for $x, or you can have this type of setup on an ls1 monaro, like the pictures you provided, for the same price, including the purchase of the monaro :)

which would you prefer?

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Speak to Mitch and Debbie who own WA Performance Centre. Mitch is a master, and if you go to the drags or Powercruise or Motorvation you will have sure seen plenty of powerful cars getting around which are out of his workshop. Might be worth a chat and see what he can do for you.

Plus Mitch built a fully DPI approved, ADR approved, WA Licenced twin turbo gen 3 engine, so he is knowledgeable and does great work.

His website: WA Performance & Service Centre

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Pedrotski, if you're that desperate to get this thing happening, there's a lot of room up the back of a car for rear-mounts :)

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Pedrotski, if you're that desperate to get this thing happening, there's a lot of room up the back of a car for rear-mounts :)

Haha, I saw some stuff on rear mount turbos :p

My mate and i are going to do a DIY conversion to his ef falcon when get gets a new car.

We are going to put an intercooler with thermos in the boot and discuise the entire thing in a "sub box". and run it on nitro untill it gets yellowed and then thrown in the bin.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Where's the airflow for heat exchange if the intercooler is in the boot? Are you going to cut out the floorpan of the boot and run the intercooler as part of the floor?

If you're blowing air around the boot through a heated intercooler, all you're going to end up with is a hot boot :p

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Lmfao intercooler in the boot, best cooling over... lol

Go rear mount with a thin black stealth cooler behind front bar...

Rear mount 5ltr ftw! Can be done an fairly easily. ^_^
Just remember
Scavenge Pump (NEED FOR REAR MOUNTS)
42LB injectors
GT35 .70 intake .82 exhaust
Short cooler
Bunch of 2.5" piping

imagination