Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hilux vs navara personal opinions

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Cheers for all the input. I had a decent look today and settled on a 2006 navara st-r. Has a couple of scratches but the driveline absolutely smick. Every thing looked like new underneath and in the bay. 3L turbo diesel dual cab, dark blue over silver with 71,000km. Dealer let me take it off road on the test and it handled perfectly through the ruts. Pretty quick on the open road also.

Is it a D22 or D40? My neighbour has a 2008 D22 Navara and hasn't had any problems with it, and he drives it through paddocks all the time, tows with it and its been reliable, so good choice either way.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
d22, d40 didnt come with the driveline i wanted

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Edit saw you already picked the Nissan.

Last edited:

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sll Caprice/ 2009 SR5 Turbo
I don't mind them, but the reason i didn't buy one is because the interior is absolutely shithouse next to the hilux. If i were to buy another one tomorrow, it'd be the amarok without doubt. But my next one will more than likely be a prado.

Yea The interior could be improved a bit. So whens the Prado coming?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yea The interior could be improved a bit. So whens the Prado coming?

I'll put a few more kays on the lux first, it's only done 55000 so i'll probably put a few more on it yet. Plus i've just got it the way i want it with the canopy and draws so i'll keep it for a bit yet. :)

Mono987

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sll Caprice/ 2009 SR5 Turbo
I'll put a few more kays on the lux first, it's only done 55000 so i'll probably put a few more on it yet. Plus i've just got it the way i want it with the canopy and draws so i'll keep it for a bit yet. :)

OH MY! Update your thread! Thats why Im saying bye to the SR5....To many Kays (85000)