Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hitting Rev Limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
lol i tried to redline my old na 3ltr vl back in the day just held 1st and florred it... got to 7200rpm and just sorta stopped, then when i backed off it started again... almost like the engine shut off... would never try it in my caprice though :p

bahaa as if she didnt pop!

rb30s are limited at 6200!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
so ur telling me you have never gone full throttle in ur car??

Yes, i have gone full throttle, but my facotry rev limiter i believe is set to 5500RPM, , but as most VN-VP owners would know, it's pretty much done making power by around 500RPM. And revving your LS1 to 6500plus, won't do ****:bang:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
so ur telling me you have never gone full throttle in ur car??

Yes, i have gone full throttle, but my facotry rev limiter i believe is set to 5500RPM, , but as most VN-VP owners would know, it's pretty much done making power by around 5000RPM. And revving your LS1 to 6500plus, won't do ****:bang:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
bahaa as if she didnt pop!

rb30s are limited at 6200!

np was fine... it was like it didnt have a limiter... didnt bounce or anything just went silent till i backed off...

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Yes, i have gone full throttle, but my facotry rev limiter i believe is set to 5500RPM, , but as most VN-VP owners would know, it's pretty much done making power by around 5000RPM. And revving your LS1 to 6500plus, won't do ****:bang:

why would my tuner set the rev limiter so high if the car wasnt ment to go that far? if it was unsafe im sure he would have set it lower. It only revs that far in power mode anyways, so it doesnt happen all the time. Guys that race there cars with some regularity do hundreds of passes and they rev there engines that hard everytime. there engines seem to be fine.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Guy's that race their cars.....??? What with thier monster compression ratios? yeah sure, no worries, but your LS1, no mate, your kidding yourself. I can have a tuner remove my limiter and set it to 10,000rpm too if i liked...Your tuner was obviously as mechanical minded as you are, ask a memcal tuner form this forum, i suggest greenfoam....

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Guy's that race their cars.....??? What with thier monster compression ratios? yeah sure, no worries, but your LS1, no mate, your kidding yourself. I can have a tuner remove my limiter and set it to 10,000rpm too if i liked...Your tuner was obviously as mechanical minded as you are, ask a memcal tuner form this forum, i suggest greenfoam....

haha mate if u had any idea about anything you would know how wrong u are. the guy that tuned my car goes by the name of phonsy mullan, mabybe put the name into goodle. He is without a doubt one of Australias best tuners and has built many CAM Only 10 and 11 second cars so i think that shows how ignorant you are.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Its seems everyone has forgotten, but isnt the original question asker got a Ecotec v6 or something with the limiter set at 5600 with the low pressure springs which are prone to coil bind(very bad for and engine) unless springs are upgraded (Ls1 already have higher spring pressure that the v6's from factory) ??? 6's have the rev limiter programmed higher once cams, springs are done etc as it can do that, but not from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.