Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Many thanks Martin, you have really lifted a weight off our minds ( for those of us (Like me) who couldn't decide
Congrats to those going with Spitfire, I believe that will be the Hero colour, as Flame was with the first CV8 Monaro, plus it does look sensational in the flesh with dark tint windows .

I wonder if Holden would make the renders available for Magnums and Directors, to assist those purchasers in the absence of a brochure
Nice work Martin.

Cuda, you are on a winner there !!!!

I can't believe Holden haven't widely distributed those images.
Spitfire is the hero colour and probably the one that will be most keenly sought many years down the track by collectors. I have to pull the pin for tonight but will upload some more images tomorrow night. There's a separate Nitrate MSE thread that I'll update with the image.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Awesome work Martin.
Spitfire is the hero colour and probably the one that will be most keenly sought many years down the track by collectors. I have to pull the pin for tonight but will upload some more images tomorrow night. There's a separate Nitrate MSE thread that I'll update with the image.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I have a document with all colours of every special edition, but it's 4mb.

If someone knows how to upload that I can send it to your email and you can PM me and load it up here.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride

If someone knows how to upload that I can send it to your email and you can PM me and load it up here.
Hi res photos would be great

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
24 April is the day the website goes live to secure your build number. Make sure you have you GMON by then as it's the only was to secure your number.
I have signed a contract for an MSE and paid a deposit but are not sure if I have a GMON. What do I need to check ?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
G'day PSISLE, I sent an e-mail to Holden at 3RspecB's suggestion as I was having difficulty deciding between Heron and Nitrate. I said mentioned the issue of purchasers having to make colour decisions without any images being available and they responded by sending some through to me today from the Holden design studio. Great customer service I must say. Anyway, after much deliberation I changed my order to Nitrate, the red really lifts it, the decals have grey/silver in them, the metallic shows the car's lines off and the callipers are almost colour coded. Its not as bold/contrasty as Heron but red and silver is an age old combination that I like, just my opinion of course and every colour has its pluses ad minuses. Have a look:)
View attachment 190845
Hi Martin, thanks mate, that's a fantastic idea. I've ordered SOAG for my director and was certain, but with each passing day I change my mind lol it's doing my head in
I might just email Holden tomorrow and do the same
Unless anyone else has already done it with Director?

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Martin, thanks mate, that's a fantastic idea. I've ordered SOAG for my director and was certain, but with each passing day I change my mind lol it's doing my head in
I might just email Holden tomorrow and do the same
Unless anyone else has already done it with Director?

Timandhayley has a document if you can upload it to the site

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
We're working on it, it's quite large... It's basically the same photos that have already been posted, but for every model (Motorsport, Magnum and Director) all in one PDF, but it's over 6mb.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I saw this on the weekend at a car show and immediately thought of the Spitfire MSE. Sleeper I think not..

I hope the young kids of today will appreciate our cars like I/we appreciate Aussie & American muscle cars..
Yeah. I think we're in the golden era. In the future, cars will be faster, safer, lighter, blahdy, blah, blah. They will also have no soul, no character and no spirit. I think VS5.0 described them as appliances. Oversized mobility scooters.
My kids love muscle cars. Even my 21yo daughter loves them. But then, they also love The Angels, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Cold Chisel and Aussie Crawl. I've come to the conclusion they're living vicariously through their parents. Haha, I mean LOL. Sadly, I think they're the minority in their age group. The next gen? Well, it'll be a rare minority, that care about "our" cars, our culture. Another part of the Aussie identity is disappearing before our eyes.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Great and fantastic work Martin
can't wait on the other pics