Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Kiwikev4169

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze
My dealer must have got the details come through from Holden. Then the dealer emailed me a copy of the "vehicle order details" which has the GMON right at the top with all the other specifics below.
It sounds like with the details you have, the dealer must of got that from somewhere and i would have thought it would have come from your "vehicle order" sheet aswell?

Yeah I would've thought so as well, might give them til the end of the week and if I haven't received anything by then I'll give them a call

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi zappaboy, a difficult question to answer as most of us here haven't driven the LE's. Rumour is performance mode is really firm, sorry, really really firm but the advantage for you is the FE2 setting is just a dial turn away. Theoretically the MSE should handle corrugations better than a Redline as you can make the suspension softer (FE3 vs FE2). The different sub frame bushes may also contribute to additional harshness, (again, so rumour has it). A better option may be to have your drive graded on a semi regular basis, just a thought.
Thanks Martin for the reply. As you have indicated only time will tell as I suspected that I not many MRC equipped vehicles will have been tested on dirt. Later this year I will be able to report. I will be interesting to compare the MSE with the FE1 equipped Calais. The driveway is only 500m long and at this stage being graded is not warranted. Currently the public road along the property was an undulating sealed C grade track (road) which the FE1 Calais handled beautifully but this road is currently being upgraded while will be a good quality road when finished will be dirt leading into the new year.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks Martin for the reply. As you have indicated only time will tell as I suspected that I not many MRC equipped vehicles will have been tested on dirt. Later this year I will be able to report. I will be interesting to compare the MSE with the FE1 equipped Calais. The driveway is only 500m long and at this stage being graded is not warranted. Currently the public road along the property was an undulating sealed C grade track (road) which the FE1 Calais handled beautifully but this road is currently being upgraded while will be a good quality road when finished will be dirt leading into the new year.
Hi Zappa,
I'm with Martin, mate. I reckon the selectable suspension settings on the Holden tuned MRC, will give you, and all SE owners, the flexibility of getting the best of the awesome Zeta chassis, in a wide range of road (and occasional track) conditions.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I shudder at the thought of an MSE being driven on a dirt road.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
A few version of spitfire with different decal combo of grey and red together.

MxHaE4bNOZv0oN4TX2xst0ClAZoYCg7EH1kk_n9ZPLNSDjQe0xgW35dORXjCb3YWMDshjZItcNu-EG130Mkr183uMms8txfAKOptju9pFyahY13fqY4Nd0oTmRd-no8sR2mOZd-AQWbZxt3Y1_Pv6wqyI0VxSaHHSozH7z7U2ZglkG-pu1mh5rGW37NWjornl3xqjmafvob_vFdLrc0B9uAu3i_COIP-nKTEHXh05CDULoXRmIb5ZXCu7walo57NyOsaD3sD-ytnD-Sam2skvSdglKJrpIH5qz7RSf6-_gsgJjN5T0Qvd6gPzqRB4QR6JEbhkk8YbeTi74LaHhJTJUIO6Viw-Go4ipiDI7YrmPFbX5qHSba64zJB1c6KzWg5bTq2N82dX3LqozPIz9Uf7-WoAC1kFDh4GbPnB3Uk-_s9RZcuxOpXMt4Wgk3POjLm2pk7j5zKV176z2MFqJA4Z_QJrMdQGpDnax3nH67ClvYsSmpvJp7HIdXeWQwjpLxPNLi3QT7zo9Mhyx80p68vTSW8uZHwfMRxPIHXUqHEmeDTq_yhemfP94Nmni3y458Fy44h99pNQFIJ55J6j4yuTCTySpPIdT9nKBAhjXD05uF3y22f_KY=w1309-h925-no

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi Zappaboy, no probs, in relation to testing on dirt I think you'd be amazed as to the extent of testing Holdens carries out in all conditions and road types, not just in Australia, and then there is jig testing on top of that. The MRC will be thorourghly tested on dirt as it is a road car first, built for Australian conditions, with the option of tracking it if thats your thing. I have made some comments regarding MRC sensor ball joint wear previuosly but have been advised it hasn't presented as an issue to date.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I shudder at the thought of an MSE being driven on a dirt road.
Hey zero, "I shudder at the thought of an MSE being driven on a dirt road", does that mean you jerk around violently at the thought of an MSE being involved in a crash??:) Just another poor attempt at humour.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hey zero, "I shudder at the thought of an MSE being driven on a dirt road", does that mean you jerk around violently at the thought of an MSE being involved in a crash??:) Just another poor attempt at humour.
Lol, nah I just couldn't bear the thought of driving such a car down a dirt road as though it was a $50 paddock bomb. I would cringe at the potholes and corrugations vibrating the car apart, at the sound of rocks hitting the paintwork, and the dust infiltrating the interior.
I wouldn't even drive my Redline in the rain, but thats just me.