Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore VZ 2006 whine / buzzing sound from the engine

Gleb.z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden VZ Commodore V6 3.6L
The problem is that the noise doesn't change regardless whether aircon is on or off. I also tested the power steering - turned wheels hard left to hard right in the parking, but there was no noise variation.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The problem is that the noise doesn't change regardless whether aircon is on or off. I also tested the power steering - turned wheels hard left to hard right in the parking, but there was no noise variation.

Yeah, I understand your point. But the bearings could have reached a point of wear where having more tension on the belt doesn't make the noise worse.
Also, the fact that the noise seems to come from one side on the engine would more likely indicate a belt or pulley issue, not an internal engine one (unless you have a cam bearing issue only one one side??).

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Remove the belt then start the engine, this will tell you if belt driven noise or internal engine noise.
Only run it for a short time as the water pump will not be working.
I'm guessing water pump or power steer pump.

Gleb.z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden VZ Commodore V6 3.6L
Hi everyone! Solution has been found - $29.00 bearing for my pulley has resolved the issue :)

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question )))