Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden dealers offering "in house" walkinshaw upgrades.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Glad it helped Jarp. I ordered mine 21 sept and the info available from the review sites was pretty thin & or as it turned out incorrect with some things so I thought I'd get info out on the things I was unsure about. Having the series 1 LS1 was a good yardstick too. Back in Sept when the dealers started taking orders even they didn't have much info. Holden released details of the redline but not much on the other SS models and still now there's not much online about the W375 probably because it wasn't a popular option on the gen F clubbys but is now on the new VFs. Going from the sv6 you're gonna be happy!

I think I will be happy. Bit sad to say goodbye to the SV6 though. Goes pretty hard up top being a cammed V6 but have to flog it stupid to get the 190rwkw out of it. Looking forward to all the extra torque.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Mine's a weekender, so will take a bit more time to fully run in before smoking her up, good to see you've fixed the rear deck badging as well.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Yes Holden rebadged it for me for free finally looks as it should. Just need to lower it a bit next it sits up to high and is a bit soft at speed on poor roads. Probably will go SL due to my steep driveway and the clearance issues with the 3 inch exhausts

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
I'm looking at Pedders XA coil overs. I had King Springs SSL on the VF SV6 and scraped like a bitch everywhere.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Looking around $2,500 all up, then some 20" Vossen's, and once Holden warranty is done (if I can wait 3 years), head and cam package.... Never ends.

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
Had another think on this... There would be one big advantage on going with the dealer to do the upgrades, least if something was to go wrong in the first three years (some dealers offing 10 ) there would be no argument with " it's walkinshaws problem, no its holdens problem "

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Had another think on this... There would be one big advantage on going with the dealer to do the upgrades, least if something was to go wrong in the first three years (some dealers offing 10 ) there would be no argument with " it's walkinshaws problem, no its holdens problem "

It isn't the dealer giving the warranty, it's Holden. They have to get the okay from Holden for most warranty work afaik.

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
It isn't the dealer giving the warranty, it's Holden. They have to get the okay from Holden for most warranty work afaik.
Couldn't give two hoots who it is or isn't! If the invoice has all the upgrades on it and something happens in the 3 year period they would not have a leg to stand on in a court of law (not that it would get that far). if Holden did some how get out of it, the dealer would have to pay up. + I would have the dealer put notes on the invoice to state all of that.