Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden IQ iPad intergration possible

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series II SV6
I've been wondering, is it possible at all to intergrate an iPad into the IQ system so I can replace the stock headunit with an iPad. I haven't seen it done before. If I changed the headunit what functionality would I loose.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
It's been done in a few different cars this ones in a hilux. Your biggest cost will be finding someone to write the software to control the HVAC. that will be costly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 873

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Woah, don't let 'redoctober know....

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Just search sly6 and you'll see!

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Lol. Emotional thread. Not really related though. Ever paid a software developer to custom write a program for an iPad. That's the point I was making, if you can't do it yourself, your going to pay dearly for the privilege.

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series II SV6
Hmm, the only real issue with this is the HVAC. I'm not sure if the Folcik ones are compatible as noone has tried it yet, I talked to the manufacturer and he didn't know.

Hmmm

Elektryx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV-Z Ute
Hey guys,

Is anyone aware of a series 2 kit available or that's in development??? For ipad or double DIN???
I'm desperate to get rid of the IQ system as it shits me up the wall!! ONLY 999 tracks on usb?!?! CRAZY!!!

I have already looked at the touchscreen HVAC controller from overseas and doesn't look like too bad a option.
I'm also wondering if it's at all possible to use the quasi system with the factory controls as i can butcher the dash myself to make it all fit.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as i have a whole stack of top notch audio gear on its way and i really don't want to run it through a processor via high inputs... :doh:

Cheers,
Ben