Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Service Center

Is killing a Service Center Manager Normal ?

• Yes But use the Phone so they know you have the right Number

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No... They can't help being Special

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
It's all good it is quite normal. Back when i first got my license, i knew nothing about anything to do with cars, i had one of my headlights smashed in, so i took it to Booran Holden in Dandenong here in Vic, they told me it would be $200 for the one headlight replaced and that was it. Just the one.

I arrived there later that afternoon. The pricks had replaced both complete headlight assemblys (genuine Holden parts obviously), and aligned them properley. They handed me the bill which added up to almost $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky i had the quote done in writing previously and had booked it in for what was on the quote and it was signed by the bloke who quoted me in the first place. But that didn't get sorted for about 2 hours.

After my shaved head, heavily tattooed tank of a father came down and put his 2 cents in LOL. Got away with a brand new genuine headlight assembly fitted for only $200!

But i clearly wanted to murder the manager for those 2 hours believe me. Unless your car is under warranty, Holden service centres can get rooted.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It's all good it is quite normal. Back when i first got my license, i knew nothing about anything to do with cars, i had one of my headlights smashed in, so i took it to Booran Holden in Dandenong here in Vic, they told me it would be $200 for the one headlight replaced and that was it. Just the one.

I arrived there later that afternoon. The pricks had replaced both complete headlight assemblys (genuine Holden parts obviously), and aligned them properley. They handed me the bill which added up to almost $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky i had the quote done in writing previously and had booked it in for what was on the quote and it was signed by the bloke who quoted me in the first place. But that didn't get sorted for about 2 hours.

After my shaved head, heavily tattooed tank of a father came down and put his 2 cents in LOL. Got away with a brand new genuine headlight assembly fitted for only $200!

But i clearly wanted to murder the manager for those 2 hours believe me. Unless your car is under warranty, Holden service centres can get rooted.

That example isn't limited to just dealers.

I won't use anyone else but our Holden dealership. I do not trust any other place down here. The last people i did trust we found out they had been doing burnouts in cars etc.

I'll stick with Holden ftw. :)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
That example isn't limited to just dealers.

I won't use anyone else but our Holden dealership. I do not trust any other place down here. The last people i did trust we found out they had been doing burnouts in cars etc.

I'll stick with Holden ftw. :)

I tend to agree now that I have a HSV. Although i would trust Gen-Tech here in Canberra 110%

Will be sticking with Holden though while the car is completely stock. I was told when I picked up the car that the technitians that work on the HSVs have to have at least 5yrs experience with Holden and the apprentices aren't even allowed near them!

Plus being a member of the ACT HSV Club, Gerald Slaven Holden give us GOOOOOOOD discounts! :D

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
i got rooted over by a jax quick fit (dont ask why i went there, it was the only place open that sunday). i had an annoying rattle around the front right strut area when i went over bumps but for the life of me i couldnt find it so this was my last option.

took it in, he took it for a test drive came back and said the only thing he could think it would be is a rooted shock. i thought fair enough i havent replaced them since i got it on the road plus now its got ultra lows in so i said yep ok change both the front 1's. he said he will have to do it tomorrow because they were bout to close. i was going out of town the next day so i left it there over night.

the next day he rings up and asks if i have any probs with the brakes. (i never have!) he said they ceased up blah blah...long story short he had heaps of problems with the brakes. i asked if i could come get it when i got back he said not untill he's fixed it unless i get it towed because now it is undrivable!!!wtf!!

so anyways i got back went to see what the damge was, it got 2 new callipers, new brake lines, the 2 new shocks i wanted, new bump stops, boots, machined only 1 disk...and also he saidthe brakes felt too firm when i brought it in and said now they are working fine and are softer...which means now they feel like a sponge and the pedal travels twice as far as it did to pull up at a light!! also the steering wheel wobbled when i touched the brake because only 1 disk was machined....

what ****es me off is that i was going to upgrade to vt callipers and disks when those pads wore out but now i had to pay for new crappy vh ones AHHGG....damage was just under a grand!! i let him know what i thought about him in front of the customers!

ALSo sorry to rant on, but the annoying noise i took it in for was still there! i jacked it up and discovered some play in the ball joint at the bottom of the strut got a new one but havent put it in yet...that has to be the problem...u think i mechanic would be able to find it but no..

DND

Banned
Reaction score
what did you have repaired?

The Holden Dealers here has a Panel Beaters and my wife throught the car was a bit to long so she shorten it by a inch or 2 with the car in front of her

the damage is front bumper, bonnet bent up, 1 headlight stuffed, dent in guard

I had a good look over the car yesterday and on the bonnet theres a dry line where it wasn't sanded properly and the paint dosn't look smooth and they have just spayed straight over the stone chips

=Update=

been back there today and spoke to the head saleman (I think it was)
anyway told him what happen and showed him the car, He said he could see why we are so ****ed off and that He personly take care of it getting fixed.

They gave us a VZ for us to use untill the car is fixed he said he can't tell us how long its going to take but he'll ring us and tell us whats going on.

Also he'll speaking to someone about the service center manager (with a hammer I hope)

I didn't see the service center manager because I still wont to kill it!!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
i got rooted over by a jax quick fit (dont ask why i went there, it was the only place open that sunday). i had an annoying rattle around the front right strut area when i went over bumps but for the life of me i couldnt find it so this was my last option.

took it in, he took it for a test drive came back and said the only thing he could think it would be is a rooted shock. i thought fair enough i havent replaced them since i got it on the road plus now its got ultra lows in so i said yep ok change both the front 1's. he said he will have to do it tomorrow because they were bout to close. i was going out of town the next day so i left it there over night.

the next day he rings up and asks if i have any probs with the brakes. (i never have!) he said they ceased up blah blah...long story short he had heaps of problems with the brakes. i asked if i could come get it when i got back he said not untill he's fixed it unless i get it towed because now it is undrivable!!!wtf!!

so anyways i got back went to see what the damge was, it got 2 new callipers, new brake lines, the 2 new shocks i wanted, new bump stops, boots, machined only 1 disk...and also he saidthe brakes felt too firm when i brought it in and said now they are working fine and are softer...which means now they feel like a sponge and the pedal travels twice as far as it did to pull up at a light!! also the steering wheel wobbled when i touched the brake because only 1 disk was machined....

what ****es me off is that i was going to upgrade to vt callipers and disks when those pads wore out but now i had to pay for new crappy vh ones AHHGG....damage was just under a grand!! i let him know what i thought about him in front of the customers!

ALSo sorry to rant on, but the annoying noise i took it in for was still there! i jacked it up and discovered some play in the ball joint at the bottom of the strut got a new one but havent put it in yet...that has to be the problem...u think i mechanic would be able to find it but no..

Um... Any work they do has to be approved by you or they're breaking the law. If you take a fully working car in (i.e. brakes worked fine etc) and they call you and say they're broken, BLAME THEM!

Call the department of fair trading. You shouldn't have been as butt fucked as you were dude!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I didn't see the service center manager because I still wont to kill it!!

Just curious, do you use the term "it" because it's one of those cased where you can't tell if it's a man or a woman?

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon

Just_a_stocker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP exe
Holden service centre?

are you still under warranty or somthing.

find your self a good mechanic, there are more good ones around than bad ones.

just walk in and strike up a convo,

Personally I find the good ones reluctant to work on my car,LOL, thats how I know they are good..

cheers

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Minux and cousin slow poke, are both your cars still under Holden warranty?? I honestly wouldn't use a Holden dealership on my car as it is almost 16 years old, so the money you pay by using a Holden dealership doesn't seem justifiable enough.

Fair enough on both your cars though, that's a bit of a different story there.